Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » Enter Projects Page from Eclipse will cause the program gets stuck
Enter Projects Page from Eclipse will cause the program gets stuck [message #1743103] Mon, 12 September 2016 10:22 Go to next message
Bing Kun Yang is currently offline Bing Kun YangFriend
index.php/fa/27023/0/I have used the "Import->Projects into workspace"
But after the update is complete, the program was stuck, only use Task Manager to end a process.

jre :1.8.0_101
Switch between different versions of the windows OS,eclipse,oomph the existence of this phenomenon
Re: Enter Projects Page from Eclipse will cause the program gets stuck [message #1743149 is a reply to message #1743103] Mon, 12 September 2016 16:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Yes you opened 500481 for that. As I mentioned in the bug, I can't reproduce this problem so some type of stack traces of what the threads are doing would help. Also, I asked in the problem was reproducible. I.e., it does this each time you try?

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Enter Projects Page from Eclipse will cause the program gets stuck [message #1743161 is a reply to message #1743149] Mon, 12 September 2016 19:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Because I'm using Chinese networks, oomph will resolve the proxy server, and will pop up a dialog box
index.php/fa/27036/0/
From the oomph-installer, this dialog box will close automatically, but in Eclipse, it will not
Re: Enter Projects Page from Eclipse will cause the program gets stuck [message #1743181 is a reply to message #1743161] Tue, 13 September 2016 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Where is that proxy server dialog box? Underneath this Oomph dialog or underneath the progress message dialog?

Ed Merks
Re: Enter Projects Page from Eclipse will cause the program gets stuck [message #1743191 is a reply to message #1743181] Tue, 13 September 2016 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just like the picture above as. It is automatically ejected,not man's.
Re: Enter Projects Page from Eclipse will cause the program gets stuck [message #1743198 is a reply to message #1743191] Tue, 13 September 2016 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm trying to imagine how to reproduce this problem because if I can't reproduce it I can't fix it. I'm imagining it's an issue of which shell is the parent, but I don't know what process brings up this other dialog. Is it something in Eclipse itself that brings up a dialog, or something more like an external firewall process. Is there something additional installed in your Eclipse that brings up such a dialog? You've not shown a picture of the other dialog box.

Ed Merks
Re: Enter Projects Page from Eclipse will cause the program gets stuck [message #1743212 is a reply to message #1743198] Tue, 13 September 2016 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexander Nittka is currently offline Alexander NittkaFriend
I am experiencing the same symptoms (already back with version 1.4 and now 1.5 Build 2579). I am running Win7 32 bit, no proxy settings (). Setting up a fresh Eclipse (Neon, Java developer with target platform Neon) with my empty project (https://raw.githubusercontent.com/nittka/oomph-playground/master/setups/setups/emptyProject.setup), I can open all the parent models (e.g. Open Eclipse Projects), but when I try to import a project (import Omph->Projects into Workspace), Eclipse hangs at the same point (resolving proxies).

... same behaviour when deleting all user projects from the local org.eclipse projects.setup and skipping project selection when setting up the initial Eclipse.

... same behaviour when going offline, deactivating firewall, instantiating the project offline and trying to open the import project dialog. The "Cancel"-Button has no effect and as the dialog is modal there is no immediate chance to check whether some other dialog has opened behind any of the other windows.

Need training, onsite consulting or any other kind of help for Xtext?
Go visit http://xtext.itemis.com or send a mail to xtext@itemis.de

[Updated on: Tue, 13 September 2016 11:18]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Enter Projects Page from Eclipse will cause the program gets stuck [message #1743222 is a reply to message #1743212] Tue, 13 September 2016 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, I was just debugging the code and set a breakpoint in org.eclipse.oomph.setup.ui.wizards.SetupWizard.hasModalChild(Shell, Shell) and could reproduce the problem that way. You probably don't want to know all the details, but here's what's on the stack:

Thread [main] (Suspended (breakpoint at line 865 in SetupWizard))	
	owns: RunnableLock  (id=12829)	
	SetupWizard.hasModalChild(Shell, Shell) line: 865	
	SetupWizard.access$1(Shell, Shell) line: 863	
	SetupWizard$IndexLoader$3$1.run() line: 1028	
	UIUtil$8.run() line: 684	
	Display.runTimer(long) line: 4329	
	Display.messageProc(long, long, long, long) line: 3418	
	OS.DispatchMessageW(MSG) line: not available [native method]	
	OS.DispatchMessage(MSG) line: 2552	
	Display.readAndDispatch() line: 3814	
	SetupWizard$ProgressMonitorDialogIndexLoader(SetupWizard$IndexLoader).awaitIndexLoad() line: 1193	
	ProjectPage$20.run() line: 1079	
	UIUtil$8.run() line: 684	
	Display.runTimer(long) line: 4329	
	Display.messageProc(long, long, long, long) line: 3418	
	OS.DispatchMessageW(MSG) line: not available [native method]	
	OS.DispatchMessage(MSG) line: 2552	
	Display.readAndDispatch() line: 3814	
	ModalContext$ModalContextThread.block() line: 165	
	ModalContext.run(IRunnableWithProgress, boolean, IProgressMonitor, Display) line: 369	
	ProgressMonitorDialog.run(boolean, boolean, IRunnableWithProgress) line: 481	
	SetupWizard$ProgressMonitorDialogIndexLoader.loadIndex(ResourceSet, URI...) line: 1277	
	SetupWizard$3.run() line: 777	
	UIUtil$4.run() line: 505	
	RunnableLock.run() line: 35	
	UISynchronizer(Synchronizer).runAsyncMessages(boolean) line: 182	
	Display.runAsyncMessages(boolean) line: 4203	
	Display.readAndDispatch() line: 3819	
	SetupWizardDialog(Window).runEventLoop(Shell) line: 818	
	SetupWizardDialog(Window).open() line: 794	
	SetupWizard$Importer(SetupWizard).openDialog(Shell) line: 654	
	ImportProjectsHandler.run() line: 39	
	ImportProjectsHandler(AbstractDropdownItemHandler).execute(ExecutionEvent) line: 50

So the code gets stuck in endless redispatching:

UIUtil.asyncExec(new Runnable()
              {
                public void run()
                {
                  if (hasModalChild(shell, null))
                  {
                    UIUtil.timerExec(200, this);
                    return;
                  }

This code is waiting for some other modal dialog shell to go away, but in this case its waiting for the modal progress dialog that's lower down in the call stack, which will never go away by itself until the call stack can return to that point, which it can't.

Anyway, if I mark the shell, I can detect this case, and hide it, so that progress can continue (without a progress dialog on top a progress dialog) and that seems to do the trick.

Ed Merks
Re: Enter Projects Page from Eclipse will cause the program gets stuck [message #1743259 is a reply to message #1743222] Tue, 13 September 2016 15:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So this is really a BUG?
Re: Enter Projects Page from Eclipse will cause the program gets stuck [message #1743268 is a reply to message #1743259] Tue, 13 September 2016 16:56 Go to previous message
Yes. I hope to commit a fix for it tomorrow before the next milestone build tomorrow.

Ed Merks
Previous Topic:Can't disable oomph completely
Next Topic:Oomph agregator
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 17:47:15 GMT 2024