Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » General (non-technical) » Eclipse Foundation » How can I open a mirror manually?(Eclipse IDE for Java Developers Mirror)
How can I open a mirror manually? [message #1743032] Fri, 09 September 2016 17:33
Cedrik Wa is currently offline Cedrik WaFriend
I wanted to download the Eclipse IDE for Java Developers but it seemed to take years to download, even though the connection was fine. So I tried on another computer and instead of directly getting a download starting when clicking on my Version (Windows 64-bit) I got to another site where I can choose the mirror! I don't know why this doesn't happen on my other computer but I figured out that the problem for the long download time was that the default mirror was from a complete other country than mine and I changed it to my country and the download took only about 2 seconds.
I don't get why I can't choose the mirror on my other device, can I manually select a mirror without having to click on e.g. "Windows 64-bit" or is there some setting/option I have to change e.g. in the browser? I'm using Microsofts Edge, thanks if you got an idea you can share.
Previous Topic:news.eclipse.org is shutting down.
Next Topic:Eclipse SHA-512 does not match, error while extracting
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:58:32 GMT 2024