Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Xsemantics: Tycho build issue with extended DSL
Xsemantics: Tycho build issue with extended DSL [message #1742920] Thu, 08 September 2016 15:13 Go to next message
Lutz Wrage is currently offline Lutz WrageFriend
I have the following setup:

• Eclipse plugin project A contains BaseDSL with an xsemantics BaseDSLTypeSystem
  • Eclipse plugin project B contains ExtDSL with an xsemantics ExtDSLTypeSystem that extends BaseDSLTypeSystem

ExtDSL extends BaseDSL in the xtext grammar:
grammar ExtDSL with BaseDSL

In Eclipse, Xsemantics generates both type system implementations in their respective projects.

When using a tycho build, the type system for BaseDSL is generated in plugin A. However, I cannot find a configuration of the xtext-maven-plugin that generates the type system for ExtDSL in plugin B that references the BaseDSL type system.
I get validation errors:
"No judgment definition found " for judgements from BaseDSL.
If I override the BaseDSL judgements I get
"Cannot override judgment without system 'extends'.

It seems that the xtext-maven-plugin doesn't find anything from the BaseDSL project. I can't add the BaseDSL as a dependency because both plugins are being built together.

As a workaround I have added the BaseDSL source dir as a sourceRoot to the xtext-maven-plugin configuration. Now the generation and compilation works, BUT a second copy of the BaseDSLTypeSystem is generated in Plugin B. Is there a way to make the generation work without the duplication?
Re: Xsemantics: Tycho build issue with extended DSL [message #1742924 is a reply to message #1742920] Thu, 08 September 2016 15:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
hi,

is the stuff (classes, xsemantics file, ...) from base exported in the manifest/build.properties of base plugin
and on the classpath of ext in a way the xtext maven plugin can find it. is the second xtext maven plugin configured to look at the classpath?

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: Xsemantics: Tycho build issue with extended DSL [message #1742932 is a reply to message #1742924] Thu, 08 September 2016 15:52 Go to previous message
Lutz Wrage is currently offline Lutz WrageFriend
The BaseDSL xsemantics file was excluded from the binary build. Adding it back in fixed the issue. Thanks.
Previous Topic:xtext grammar for precision
Next Topic:Customizations required to make indent-based syntax work
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 23:01:44 GMT 2024