Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » XML BLOB management(XML BLOB management - Omph)
XML BLOB management [message #1742752] Wed, 07 September 2016 07:57 Go to next message
Arnaud Lucien is currently offline Arnaud LucienFriend
Hello,

I am a newcomer concerning Oomph.

I develop my own product (which is an IDE based on CDT/Eclipse) and I wonder if Oomph can help my users to share their preferences between workspaces and between my product different instances. My product is still based on Eclipse 4.5 but I will move to Eclipse 4.6 soon.

My first tries with Oomph (coming from Neon update site) are very promising but I face a first issue which seems to be similar to the following issue (https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=487371). My product has got a lot of preferences but one of them is stored as an xml blob.

If I understood correctly this kind of XML Blob preferences are not handled as others preferences (Boolean, string ...). I need help to find a way to change that behaviour in my product to merge or at least overwrite an XML blob with the one stored at Eclipse.org (if my pref are stored at that location).

If someone can help it would be appreciated.

Regards

Arnaud
IngeDev Team
Ingenico Group.
Re: XML BLOB management [message #1742793 is a reply to message #1742752] Wed, 07 September 2016 15:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
I responded in the Bugzilla.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: XML BLOB management [message #1742794 is a reply to message #1742793] Wed, 07 September 2016 15:40 Go to previous message
Arnaud Lucien is currently offline Arnaud LucienFriend
ok Thanks I will have a look.
Previous Topic:Targlets: Director cannot find workspace_requirements and fails
Next Topic:Resource Copy of newer resource version
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 11:43:00 GMT 2024