Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Jubula » Extension installation after Update from 8.2.2.055 to 8.3.0.122(only one plugin?)
Extension installation after Update from 8.2.2.055 to 8.3.0.122 [message #1742663] Tue, 06 September 2016 13:14 Go to next message
ivonne kellner is currently offline ivonne kellnerFriend
Messages: 17
Registered: March 2012
Junior Member
we have written an jubula extension and installed it successfully in 8.2.2.055.
at the jubula installation details view in the tab Plug-ins were listed two plugins: the toolkit and the extension.rc.
after the update to 8.3.0.122 i installed again the extension, but in the tab Plug-ins is now only the extension.rc listed.
did i something wrong? why is the toolkit not shown anymore.

is it still needed to deploy the fragment to the standalone AUT-Agent manually?
in the documentation the old "server" directory is mentioned, so i am not sure, if something changed here too?
Re: Extension installation after Update from 8.2.2.055 to 8.3.0.122 [message #1742734 is a reply to message #1742663] Wed, 07 September 2016 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Messages: 1613
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hello,

The toolkit plugin is still needed (this ensures that the ITE knows what actions are available). You should probably update the dependencies within the rc plugin.

Since the ITE and Server folders have been merged, you now only need to add the fragment into the jubula directory. Normally, installing the feature via the ITE should place it into the correct place.

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Extension installation after Update from 8.2.2.055 to 8.3.0.122 [message #1742866 is a reply to message #1742734] Thu, 08 September 2016 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ivonne kellner is currently offline ivonne kellnerFriend
Messages: 17
Registered: March 2012
Junior Member
hello,
thanks for the quick answer. the programmer will take a while until he will update the plugin, so i deinstalled the plugin and tried to restart.
i got an error message window with a notice to a logfile and jubula would not start again! i tried several times and always got the message and a new logfile.
i will add one logfile.
then i reinstalled jubula again and did not reinstall the plugin. i deleted all methods and the component name that were related to the plugin.
i will get back here when i get the new plugin version.

----------------------logfile----------------------------
!SESSION 2016-09-07 10:26:37.882 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.8.0_66
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Command-line arguments: -data file:/C:/Users/ivonne/Jubula/workspace-8.3.0.122/ -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64 -clean

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2016-09-07 10:26:38.973
!MESSAGE Application error
!STACK 1
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to acquire application service. Ensure that the org.eclipse.core.runtime bundle is resolved and started (see config.ini).
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:78)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:380)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:235)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:669)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:608)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1515)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1488)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Extension installation after Update from 8.2.2.055 to 8.3.0.122 [message #1742887 is a reply to message #1742866] Thu, 08 September 2016 12:29 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Messages: 1613
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi,

since the plugins provide component configuration information for the ITE at the start, it's unfortunately difficult to deal with it when they are missing. One of the problems might be that you didn't find the correct place(s) to remove the extensions. Sorry about that. Let us know what happens when you get the plugin updated.

Best regards,
Alex
Previous Topic:Incomplete Object Mapping, but no hint where
Next Topic:Jubula and MySQL
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Mon Sep 24 11:35:36 GMT 2018

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02673 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top