Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Tools defined in a disabled layer are active(possible bug)
Tools defined in a disabled layer are active [message #1742540] Sat, 03 September 2016 17:02 Go to next message
Nikolay Manolov is currently offline Nikolay ManolovFriend
Hello,

I have encountered an unexpected behavior where tools defined in a disabled layer are active.

I have a layer "Tools" in which I have defined, among other things, Double Click and Direct Edit Label tools which act on mappings in layer "A" that is ActiveByDefault. I have layer "B" which is optional and reuses some of the mappings in layer "A". When layer "Tools" is disabled the Palette tools are removed, however the Double Click and Direct Label Edit are still active in both "A" and "B".

That is counter intuitive, at the least, if it was meant to work like that.
Otherwise what is the point of defining the tools in a different layer? They are not visible, sure, but they never were and they are still active and I don't want the user to edit something by accident that they were not supposed to edit.

Is this a bug, is there a way to work around it ?

Regards,
Nik

[Updated on: Sat, 03 September 2016 17:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Tools defined in a disabled layer are active [message #1742581 is a reply to message #1742540] Mon, 05 September 2016 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laurent Fasani is currently offline Laurent FasaniFriend
Hi

The expected behavior is the intuitive one, that is the tool defined in the layer should be disabled with the layer and, in fact, it is not the case.

You can raise a bug in Sirius bugzilla https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=Sirius
I don't see a way to work around this.

Regards
Laurent

Laurent Fasani - Obeo
Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Tools defined in a disabled layer are active [message #1742588 is a reply to message #1742581] Mon, 05 September 2016 15:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bug ref https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=500871
Re: Tools defined in a disabled layer are active [message #1742589 is a reply to message #1742588] Mon, 05 September 2016 15:32 Go to previous message
While experimenting and trying to overshadow the active DoubleClick (from the disabled layer) with a second "empty" one, I found out that if I have a DoubleClick tool in one layer and then in another layer define a DoubleClick tool on the same mapping, the mapping is removed from the first DoubleClick tool.
Obviously, there is no point in defining two DoubleClick tools on the same mapping in the same layer.
However, I should be able to provide different behavior in different layers, I think ? There is going to be a conflict if both layers are active but there should be no problem if used separately.
Any thoughts ?
Previous Topic:Custom edit parts and 'appearance' and 'style' properties
Next Topic:Provide own LayoutProvider
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 26 21:10:31 GMT 2024