Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Compare » SaveComparisonModelAction enablement(SaveComparisonModelAction enablement)
SaveComparisonModelAction enablement [message #1742087] Wed, 31 August 2016 10:04 Go to next message
Conor O'Mahony is currently offline Conor O'MahonyFriend
From the source code I see that the Save Action SaveComparisonModelAction is only enabled when both left and right sides are editable - I'm just wondering what the reason behind this is?

In our application we are looking at mechanisms for saving/exporting the comparison for test purposes, but at the moment we are configuring the Compare Editor with left and right sides in read-only mode.

Re: SaveComparisonModelAction enablement [message #1742509 is a reply to message #1742087] Fri, 02 September 2016 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laurent Goubet is currently offline Laurent GoubetFriend
Hi,

The comparison model has links towards the right and left model. We consider that if either of them is uneditable, there is a good chance that it is not reachable by regular means (model on a remote repository is the most frequent case). In such a case we do not want to save it as the user wouldn't be able to load it back.

You can contribute your own save action to have a different behavior if needed.

Laurent Goubet
Obeo
Re: SaveComparisonModelAction enablement [message #1742758 is a reply to message #1742509] Wed, 07 September 2016 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Laurent, we will look at contributing our own action.

Conor
Re: SaveComparisonModelAction enablement [message #1743869 is a reply to message #1742758] Tue, 20 September 2016 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I guess we cannot remove the Save button (or others) easily, given the answer on this thread? - https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1079372/

[Updated on: Tue, 20 September 2016 12:00]

Report message to a moderator

Re: SaveComparisonModelAction enablement [message #1743962 is a reply to message #1743869] Wed, 21 September 2016 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laurent Goubet is currently offline Laurent GoubetFriend
Hi,

You are right, there is no way to remove the default save button for now (at least, not iirc). If you are interested and find a clean way of enabling this for users of the API, do not hesitate to patch it and raise an enhancement request with that patch attached, we'll gladly look into it.

Laurent Goubet
Obeo
Re: SaveComparisonModelAction enablement [message #1747407 is a reply to message #1743962] Mon, 14 November 2016 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Laurent,

I have a patch for making the display of the Group, Filter and Save buttons in the toolbar configurable (via setting a property in the EMFCompareConfiguration which is read and used by CompareToolbar to populate the toolbar).

The case for this is that we would like to use org.eclipse.emf.compare.ide.ui plugin and specifically the EMFCompareStructureMergeViewer in our RCP application but want to remove the toolbar actions that have no relevance to our end-users.

I do not see an existing bugzilla entry for this - so I will raise one and attach the patch.

Many thanks.
Conor
Re: SaveComparisonModelAction enablement [message #1747462 is a reply to message #1747407] Tue, 15 November 2016 08:05 Go to previous message
Defect is https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=507465
Previous Topic:Showing remote changes on the left
Next Topic:Customizing the top toolbar in the Compare Editor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 04:15:59 GMT 2024