Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » sorting the serialized objects in xml(sorting the serialized objects in xml)
sorting the serialized objects in xml [message #1741633] Fri, 26 August 2016 13:17 Go to next message
naveen ramesh is currently offline naveen rameshFriend
Hi,
I have designed an ecore model which has the class Student which contains the parameter student-name .Now I have around 10 student instances and when i serialize the objects into xml i want the nodes to be sorted based on the student-name. So how can we sort the xml serialized object based on student-name in xml.

OR If the xml has serialized object how can we sort based on the name and save the xml file.
Re: sorting the serialized objects in xml [message #1741639 is a reply to message #1741633] Fri, 26 August 2016 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aurélien Mora is currently offline Aurélien MoraFriend
Hello,

During serialization, the order of the list is kept. So I think you just have to use a simple Java comparator to sort the EList that contains your students :

Collections.sort(lesson.getStudents(), new Comparator<Student>()
{
	@Override
	public int compare(Student o1, Student o2)
	{
		return o1.getName().compareTo(o2.getName());
	}
});

Now the question is : when do you want the sort append ? Automatically when you add a student, or when you execute a command ? Or just before a save ?
Re: sorting the serialized objects in xml [message #1741640 is a reply to message #1741639] Fri, 26 August 2016 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naveen ramesh is currently offline naveen rameshFriend
when we execute the command .Also we are using transaction editing domain and for sorting we are using Ecollection.sort but it is throwing unsupported operation exception.
Re: sorting the serialized objects in xml [message #1741641 is a reply to message #1741640] Fri, 26 August 2016 14:00 Go to previous message
Aurélien Mora is currently offline Aurélien MoraFriend
I never used ECollections.sort, but I suppose the use is the same than Collections.sort

I don't now why you got an UnsuportedOperationException, you should post your code here, and the stack trace if relevant.
Previous Topic:[Xcore/2] circular dependencies
Next Topic:[CDO] Cannot create root element from my model
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:03:55 GMT 2024