Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Kura » Repository Of Reusable Bundles
Repository Of Reusable Bundles [message #1741371] Wed, 24 August 2016 12:59 Go to next message
Sameek Bhaumik is currently offline Sameek BhaumikFriend
Dear All,

Is there any repository of bundles which wrap the implementations of org.eclipse.kura.api?

E.g The OSGI bundle org.eclipse.kura.linux.gpio is a concrete implementation to access GPIO pins. I've to develop a new bundle to use the APIs exposed by the bundle. I am looking for such already developed wrapper bundles that can be reused by me.

It would be helpful if I can be redirected to such a repository so that I go through the code and check what is useful to me (E.g Bundle(s) which internally use Bluetooth , I2C, MQTT, CoAP etc).

I know Kura examples is one such place, but I am looking for more.

Regards,
Sameek
Re: Repository Of Reusable Bundles [message #1741636 is a reply to message #1741371] Fri, 26 August 2016 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Woodard is currently offline David WoodardFriend
Hello,

The examples are really all we have for now. There are some good examples, so it should help to get you going in creating your own bundles. You can also search this forum, a few folks in the community have posted links to work they have done.

Thanks,
--Dave
Re: Repository Of Reusable Bundles [message #1741694 is a reply to message #1741636] Sat, 27 August 2016 19:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brad Johnson is currently offline Brad JohnsonFriend
I'd thought about this issue as well. Kura is pretty exciting and I'm looking forward to using it.

I wonder if there's been any talk about higher level APIs for Kura. Or even
a separate library for it? I was thinking of portability of code between
different boards and different sensors and actuators.

For example, a simple one might have an RFIDReader that returns an
RFIDPacket model or fires it as an event to listeners. A canonical model
and a canonical interface. Whoever might be the manufacturer would hide the
internals of what it takes to read and transform the data in to the
canonical RFID packet model. But then I could theoretically change the
sensor as long as it transformed the data properly.

That RFIDReader might accept a RFIDPacketListener which would accept the RFIDPacket model.That would obviously make it easier to switch between vendors without having to modify one's code or business logic to accommodate - at least to areasonable extent. The models might even be interfaces themselvespermitting extension for models between different providers.
Re: Repository Of Reusable Bundles [message #1741777 is a reply to message #1741636] Mon, 29 August 2016 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sameek Bhaumik is currently offline Sameek BhaumikFriend
Thanks Dave.

I'll browse through the forum for reusable bundles.

In the meanwhile I've created another topic requesting help on Kura SPI. It can be found in https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1080563/

Can you please help me on that as well?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sameek
Re: Repository Of Reusable Bundles [message #1741822 is a reply to message #1741777] Mon, 29 August 2016 21:53 Go to previous message
David Woodard is currently offline David WoodardFriend
@Brad: We would love to have those types of libraries available for Kura. Eclipse Kura has recently been added to the Eclipse Marketplace. We will eventually move all of our examples there. This would also be a good place to put libraries like you mention. Since Kura is a framework, the goal is to try and not make it too specific for any specific application. But, having a repository of "add ons" would be really powerful. If you would be interested in contributing something, I would definitely work with you to get it added to the Marketplace.

@Sameek: We are looking into your other forum post. I will hopefully get you an answer by tomorrow.

--Dave
Previous Topic:Firewall related crash in Kura 2.0
Next Topic:Kura API is missing in User workspace 2.0.1
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 03:21:49 GMT 2024