Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » [EMFForms]Trouble with Table Control domain model reference(Trouble setting table control domain model reference)
[EMFForms]Trouble with Table Control domain model reference [message #1741164] Tue, 23 August 2016 12:38 Go to next message
Bill Kinahan is currently offline Bill KinahanFriend
Hello,

I'm new to EMFForms and ECP so forgive me if i'm doing something obviously wrong. I'm trying to create a table control but having difficulty setting the domain reference in the wizard. When I click the button to set the domain reference, I select table domain reference and select next. I am then presented with the same wizard and am not given the chance to select the property in my ecore model.

I have set the property type for the containment reference in the GenModel to editable per the instructions in the getting started guide.

I have a fresh download of Eclipse Neon with ECP SDK version 1.9.0.20160606-1526

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Bill
Re: [EMFForms]Trouble with Table Control domain model reference [message #1741173 is a reply to message #1741164] Tue, 23 August 2016 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eugen Neufeld is currently offline Eugen NeufeldFriend
Hi Bill,
in the dialog you can directly select a FeaturePathDomainModelReference as the TableDomainModelReference is created for you automatically.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Eugen

--
Eugen Neufeld

Get professional Eclipse developer support:
http://eclipsesource.com/en/services/developer-support/
Re: [EMFForms]Trouble with Table Control domain model reference [message #1741674 is a reply to message #1741173] Sat, 27 August 2016 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Eugen, that helps a bit until I attempt to add columns, it looks like the column specifications fail EMFForms validation with the following error reported for each column: "Domain model reference is unresolvable. Failed on domain model Feature: myFieldName"

This happens when I use the generate columns feature in the control browser in the editor and when I attempt to do it manually.

When I run the app, the columns appear, but I do get an additional column titled Validation Status. Is there any way to prevent that from getting added?

I'm probably overloading this thread, but I have two other things I'm seeing which are puzzling.

First, when I open an element for editing, it appears that the width of the tabbed panel is only slightly wider that the tab title which causes the controls to be rendered in a very narrow space. When I edit a property and move to edit another, the panel resizes and consumes the full editing pane as it is supposed to.

Second, I'm seeing different behavior when I run the app as an e4 product vs an e3 product. When running as e4, I don't get the option to add repositories and when I attempt to connect to the local server I get an exception stating the workbench has not yet been created. I also do not see the narrow controls as I describe in the previous paragraph.

Perhaps these topics deserve their own thread?
Re: [EMFForms]Trouble with Table Control domain model reference [message #1741758 is a reply to message #1741674] Mon, 29 August 2016 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Bill,
the error reported for each column: "Domain model reference is unresolvable. Failed on domain model Feature: myFieldName" is a bug in the tooling. We have a bug open for this. I hope I can fix it for the 1.10 release.
The validation status column shows the validation status of the current object, but if you want to disable it you can provide a template model:
On a project: new other -> EMF FOrms -> Template Model
in the template model editor -> right click -> style -> on the selector , "create and link new selector" -> ViewModelElementSelector
in the tree select the viewmodelelement selector and select the class type to be TableControl
on the style also add a property actually a "Table Validation Style Property", now simply set the width to 0 or 1 and the validation status column will be gone.

I don't get the issue with the element editing. Can you describe in more detail what exactly you started and what is not working.
The issue with the e4 product seems like you are talking about ecp and emfstore. Did you create a custom run config for this?
EMFStore needs the workbench, so you will need the eclipse.ui plugin in your runconfig.
As far as I can see this two issues are different from the table one, so it would be great if you could post them in different threads with some more information on what you started and what failed.

Cheers,
Eugen

--
Eugen Neufeld

Re: [EMFForms]Trouble with Table Control domain model reference [message #1741832 is a reply to message #1741164] Tue, 30 August 2016 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Eugen,

I didn't realize that defining the editor separately would still get picked up in the EClass editor with the table. Still working on getting the template set up as you describe.

Regarding the issue with the element editing, i've attached an image showing the narrow width editing pane. If I edit a field, or resize the parent window, the panel expand to fill the document area as its supposed to. I'm running the e3 demo product for this, but I see the same result with the e3 demo feature.

I'll create another thread regarding the differences I'm seeing between e3 and e4.

Thanks for the assistance!

Bill
index.php/fa/26912/0/

[Updated on: Tue, 30 August 2016 02:22]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [EMFForms]Trouble with Table Control domain model reference [message #1741862 is a reply to message #1741832] Tue, 30 August 2016 08:57 Go to previous message
Hi Bill,
the error is a known gtk2 vs gtk3 problem. Using gtk2 everything works.
In e4 probably a layout is triggered somewhere.

To fix the issue with 3x you can do the following:
Run Config -> Environment-Tab -> new entry with key="SWT_GTK3" and value="0"

Cheers

--
Eugen Neufeld

Previous Topic:[EMFForms] TableControl detail view properties not resolving
Next Topic:news.eclipse.org is shutting down.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:21:51 GMT 2024