Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Configure local server operations to actually rebuild the war file via mvn clean?(Whenever I deploy my java project locally, I having issues seeing my changes because Eclipse is not actually using maven to build the new war file.)
Configure local server operations to actually rebuild the war file via mvn clean? [message #1741081] Mon, 22 August 2016 19:39
Jack Zhang is currently offline Jack ZhangFriend
Hi everyone, recently I am having some issues with simply seeing my java changes in my locally deployed java web application. For some reason, the server operations of debug or run/restart of the server used to actually create a completely new war file that incorporated all new java changes however at some point this stopped happening. Now I must open up a bash window to the java project and manually call 'mvn clean' before every new local deployment of my code to the tomcat server.

Is there any way to configure the tomcat server to actually create a new war file via maven whenever I execute a local server operation like run/debug/restart?
Previous Topic:Error Updating Eclipse Mars From Java 1.7 to 1.8
Next Topic:'Building workspace' has encountered a problem.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:38:36 GMT 2024