Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Properties tab refresh problem
Properties tab refresh problem [message #1741062] Mon, 22 August 2016 15:18 Go to next message
Ryan Dela Cruz is currently offline Ryan Dela CruzFriend
I created a direct edit label element for my nodes. The nodes also have a properties tab when selected in the model. For some reason, when I rename the node models, sometimes the properties tab will refresh with the updated name. For others, they will not refresh their properties and keep the old name, but when deselected and reselected again, the updated name appears on the properties.

Anyone have any solutions for this problem?
Re: Properties tab refresh problem [message #1741107 is a reply to message #1741062] Tue, 23 August 2016 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maxime Porhel is currently offline Maxime PorhelFriend
Hi Ryan,

Do you define your own new properties views from the VSM (new feature of Sirius 4.0) ? Or do you observe the issue in the standard properties ?

Regards,

--
Maxime - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Properties tab refresh problem [message #1741137 is a reply to message #1741107] Tue, 23 August 2016 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am running Sirius 3.1 and I see the issue in the standard properties.

[Updated on: Tue, 23 August 2016 11:20]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Properties tab refresh problem [message #1741168 is a reply to message #1741137] Tue, 23 August 2016 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:
I created a direct edit label element for my nodes. The nodes also have a properties tab when selected in the model. For some reason, when I rename the node models, sometimes the properties tab will refresh with the updated name. For others, they will not refresh their properties and keep the old name, but when deselected and reselected again, the updated name appears on the properties.

We are not aware of such an issue.

When you write "a property tab", do you mean a property section or a tab that you added to your modeler (would be displayed as the other tabs: semantic, style, appearance, ...)?

Do you have a scenario to reproduce on the problem on demand ?
In this case you might fill bug on https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=Sirius

--
Maxime - Obeo

Re: Properties tab refresh problem [message #1741202 is a reply to message #1741168] Tue, 23 August 2016 16:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It is a property tab in the modeler. Sorry for the confusion on that.
Re: Properties tab refresh problem [message #1741243 is a reply to message #1741202] Wed, 24 August 2016 06:55 Go to previous message
If you look at org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.ui.properties.sections.AbstractModelerPropertySection which is a superclass of several property sections, you will notice the getFilter() method and the eventListener field: the property section listens for changes on its EObject to trigger an update.

Regarding how you provide your tab, you might need to have the same logic.

Regards,

--
Maxime - Obeo

Previous Topic:External Java Action to set a value
Next Topic:NPE when creating DRepresentation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:35:45 GMT 2024