Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » IDE adds -werror to makefile build(make all works in cmd shell, in IDE W=-werror is set and make fails)
IDE adds -werror to makefile build [message #1740904] Fri, 19 August 2016 16:36 Go to next message
Ken none is currently offline Ken noneFriend
I am building an existing makefile project. In one of the sub-projects, the build searches for an include file that it can't find - actually, it shouldn't even be looking on that specific path. And somehow -Werror is set, I the -Werror=missing-include-dirs causes the build to fail. This only happens when I run the make all via the IDE. Running it in a command shell works fine and succeeds.

I have tried adding -w and -Wno-error and -Wno-error=missing-include-dirs to the CFLAGS, CPPFLAGS, CXXFLAGS export variables, both via the IDE, and in the configure command line. But it seems that these don't get added to the executed compile command.

Anyone have any ideas?

TIA

ken
Re: IDE adds -werror to makefile build [message #1740943 is a reply to message #1740904] Sat, 20 August 2016 12:34 Go to previous message
David VavraFriend
I use makefile projects exclusively. Eclipse doesn't build or modify the makefile. Running make all via Eclipse shouldn't either. Maybe you are using the internal builder or are allowing Eclipse to modify the makefile? Check the Builder Settings tab in Project --> Properties --> C/C++Build.

Previous Topic:Eclipse will not stop building after the first error
Next Topic:Makefile project with install target
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 05:46:41 GMT 2024