Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » P2 » P2 updating root files on Mac replaces product executable, losing executable permission
P2 updating root files on Mac replaces product executable, losing executable permission [message #1740838] Thu, 18 August 2016 19:33 Go to next message
Sean Horton is currently offline Sean HortonFriend
Rundown of problem: We bundle a JRE with our eclipse product. The JRE gets moved to the root directory, we do this by configuring the build.properties file to as follows (simplified version):

root.macosx.cocoa.x86_64 = rootfiles
root.macosx.cocoa.x86_64.permissions.755 = jre/*

This works well and places the JRE with the following structure on Mac (included is the 'eclipseExecutable' in the mac folder structure):

- Contents
----- Eclipse
---------- jre/
---------- eclipse.ini
----- MacOS
----------- eclipseExecutable

When the p2 update completes for the JRE feature it replaces the 'eclipseExecutable' and removes the +x permission on it, making the app unusable until a manual chmod is done.

It seems that when a change is done in the root directory the executable is replaced. From testing, if we only update our plugin and leave the JRE feature alone, the update will complete without touching the 'eclipseExecutable'.

What we've tried:
1) adding a p2 touchpoint chmod in the JRE feature that 777's the 'eclipseExecutable'. This doesn't seem to work
2) In both the build.properties files in the JRE feature and the product we tried doing a root.macosx.cocoa.x86_64.permissions.777 on the 'eclipseExecutable' however this doesn't seem to work either.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Sean
Re: P2 updating root files on Mac replaces product executable, losing executable permission [message #1740894 is a reply to message #1740838] Fri, 19 August 2016 14:30 Go to previous message
Sean Horton is currently offline Sean HortonFriend
Hey guys,

I'll give an update, I think I found what I was doing wrong.

I was grabbing the repository before all the products were packaged during my testing (running builds on local machine instead of build server). If I wait for the mac build to be packaged it must update something in the repository to reflect the correct permissions. So, in conclusion, wait for the entire build to finish before taking the repo... Seems like a smart idea, but I was being too impatient apparently.

Previous Topic:Signing jars for Eclipse 3.6.x or higher
Next Topic:Download statistics server
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 03:58:36 GMT 2024