Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » Moxy reading in a stream of a large JSON file object by object.
Moxy reading in a stream of a large JSON file object by object. [message #1740791] Thu, 18 August 2016 14:41
Michael Pawlowsky is currently offline Michael PawlowskyFriend
I have a couple of questions I am unable to find the answer to:

1) When unmarshalling a document using JAXB/Moxy, will the whole document (Several GigaBytes) be placed in memory all at once or is there any type of lazy loading being done in the background?

2) Is there a method in Moxy to say what Object Array element in the JSON file I am interested in iterating over? And can it be done by reading in the stream 1 complete object at a time. It seems like such a logical way of doing it, that I can't imagine it is not possible, but I just can't seem to find it.

My concern here is these JSON files will become larger over time and I do not want to load it into memory all at one.

I started out using a JsonParser, that I can go through to get to my elements, but it seems somewhat of an un-elegant solution. I am wondering if there is a better way to accomplish this.

Current solution is something like:

try (FileInputStream json = new FileInputStream( "file.json" )) {

JsonParser jr = Json.createParser(json);
        Event event = null;

// Advance to "details" key
        while(jr.hasNext()) {
            event = jr.next();
            if( event == Event.KEY_NAME && "details".equals( jr.getString() )){
                event = jr.next();
                break;
            }
        }

And then I loop through until I hit the end of the array.

// process contents of "details" object
while( event != Event.END_ARRAY) {
    switch(event) {

And build my object based on the values of the strings.

I can of course also unmarshall the whole file, but again, I do not want to use that much memory.

What I am looking for is a mix between the two.

Something where I can say what object array in the JSON I am interested in iterating over. And then have Moxy return the JSON object as a Java Object each iteration that I can then process in some manner.

Does this exists? If anyone can point me to the right documentation I would really appreciate it.

Thank you.
Previous Topic:No [ManagedType] type... SpringData app trying to move from Hibernate
Next Topic:Isolated L1 cache lifetime with no @Transactional boundary
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:18:39 GMT 2024