Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » e(fx)clipse » Changes to Eclipse.org Infrastructure and impact on this forum
Changes to Eclipse.org Infrastructure and impact on this forum [message #1740758] Thu, 18 August 2016 08:38
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
Eclipse Webmasters have announced that they'll turn of NNTP Support on 2016-08-31 (see https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=348464)

You might ask how this will impact you (as most are using the clumsy web-interface)?

Well it does because I'm using my Thunderbird to monitor this group and reply to your requests. We/I've been proud to leave no question unanswered but this will change as Eclipse.org is putting more burden on us/me to help you. I'm still searching for ways out and other services (outside Eclipse.org) we could use.

For e(fx)clipse I'm searching for replacements, for other newsgroups I've been replying to (eg e4 you'll see me getting dormant after 2016-08-31).

In case if you have any suggestions I'm happy to hear them, if the solution has support for NNTP great if not I'm still eager to give it a try.

Please note I'm not bound to using my E-Mail-Client but I'll refuse to use something like this forum-webinterface, it just sucks.

Tom
Previous Topic:Macosx export
Next Topic:How to restart a DIApplication
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 23 02:23:50 GMT 2024