Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » New project generated from existing metamodel contains errors
New project generated from existing metamodel contains errors [message #1740355] Fri, 12 August 2016 07:03 Go to next message
Gabor Kovesdan is currently offline Gabor KovesdanFriend
Hi,

I'm facing a problem with a new project I generate with the Xtext wizard from an existing Ecore metamodel. Actually, the generated project works as expected except that the grammar editor does not recognize the imported EClasses so there are lots of annoying false error markers and auto-complete does not work, what makes editing the grammar quite inconvenient.

The problem can be reproduced by importing the attached archive as existing projects and choosing organization.genmodel for the nex Xtext project. The entry rule should be OrganizationData.

I'm using Xtext 2.10 in Eclipse Neon. Any ideas why it goes wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Gábor
  • Attachment: lab2_vaz.zip
    (Size: 176.74KB, Downloaded 69 times)
Re: New project generated from existing metamodel contains errors [message #1740395 is a reply to message #1740355] Fri, 12 August 2016 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
simply configure xtext nature to the project containing the ecore
(righclick, configure, convert to xtext project)

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: New project generated from existing metamodel contains errors [message #1740399 is a reply to message #1740395] Fri, 12 August 2016 14:15 Go to previous message
Gabor Kovesdan is currently offline Gabor KovesdanFriend
Great, thanks!

It would be useful if this requirement on the existing Ecore model were documented in the "EPackage Import" section of the documentation. Even the project wizard could check if the project containing the Ecore model has the Xtext nature and display a warning or show a dialog that asks whether I want to add the Xtext nature to that project.
Previous Topic:Controlling Order of Build/Inferer in XText/XBase
Next Topic:Update a viewpart when dsl is modified
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 23:13:00 GMT 2024