Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » Embeddable mapping issues
Embeddable mapping issues [message #1740282] Thu, 11 August 2016 08:03 Go to next message
Christian Beikov is currently offline Christian BeikovFriend
I am having some issues with mappings in embeddables and I think this is because of bugs.

The test in eclipselink-embeddable-map-mapping-issue.zip shows that when having a ManyToMany map mapped in an embeddable, a NPE is raised during EntityManagerFactory building. Since mapping other relations works in embeddables I suppose this is a bug.

The test in eclipselink-tpc-mapping-issue.zip shows a bug regarding table per class inheritance. The base class(Person) contains an embeddable(Contact) and has 2 subclasses(Employee, Manager). A ManyToOne in the embeddable is correctly interpreted as the column gets added to the subclass tables in the generated sql. The problem now is the inverse OneToMany relation in the embeddable which should use the same column. I tried to map it via mappedBy="contact.alertContact" as well as via a JoinColumn but I couldn't get it to work. EclipseLink always assumes that there is a table person which contains the join column. I would expect EclipseLink to use the union over all subclass tables to join the relation.

Can anyone confirm these bugs? I'd like them fixed as I need such kinds of mappings.
Re: Embeddable mapping issues [message #1741077 is a reply to message #1740282] Mon, 22 August 2016 19:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Delahunt is currently offline Chris DelahuntFriend
You might be better off filing each as bugs, and then posting separate threads detailing the issues and linking to the bugs. Presenting two zip files as bugs requires a bit more involvement than many might be willing to give on a forum.
Re: Embeddable mapping issues [message #1741101 is a reply to message #1741077] Tue, 23 August 2016 06:46 Go to previous message
Christian Beikov is currently offline Christian BeikovFriend
Thanks, for reference, here are the bug reports

Previous Topic:Cursor in Eclipselink lazy loading
Next Topic:Treat operator interpretation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 17:57:11 GMT 2024