Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » e(fx)clipse » Running and exporting Tutorial 3 (Java8) problems
Running and exporting Tutorial 3 (Java8) problems [message #1739774] Thu, 15 August 2013 20:06 Go to next message
Yarden Livnat is currently offline Yarden LivnatFriend
Messages: 8
Registered: August 2013
Junior Member
Hi,

I have encounter various problems getting Tutorial 3 to run and export on both a Mac and Windows

I'm using Java8 build 102 and the following problems persists on various installations of e(fx)clipse. In particular I've tried it with Kepler 4.3.0 from eclipse.org (setting both the ide and runtime to the nightly build update site) as well as using prebuild from the nightly builds (both 4.3.0 and Beta8-4.3.0). I've been using efxclipse with Java8 to develop JavaFX applications but I'm a newbi when it comes to E4.

Here is what I get:
a) I've created the e4 Media example from Tutorial 3 and set up the runtime environment.
b) right click on product.product.launch and selecting run-as works as expected on both Mac and Windows)

c) Now try to run the project from the product.product Overview panel ("Launch and Eclipse application")
On windows: runs as expected
On Mac: eclipse build and launch the application but nothing come up and nothing is printed to Console either. I can kill the process fro the Console view but that's all.

d) If I now try to run the application as in step b) above I get the same results, i.e. nothing. (again, only on the mac) even though it worked before I tried step c. It works fine on Windows

e) I tried to export the product from the Overview in product.product
On the Mac:
The exported folder seems to be fine but the Eclipse.app is broken. In fact it does not include the binary at all. Contents/MacOS contains only eclipse.ini
On Windows:
No eclipse.exe is created the rest of the folder seems to be fine.


Am I missing something?
Thanks,

Yarden
Re: Running and exporting Tutorial 3 (Java8) problems [message #1739775 is a reply to message #1739774] Thu, 15 August 2013 20:27 Go to previous message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
Messages: 6313
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
On 15.08.13 22:06, Yarden Livnat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have encounter various problems getting Tutorial 3 to run and export
> on both a Mac and Windows
>
> I'm using Java8 build 102 and the following problems persists on various
> installations of e(fx)clipse. In particular I've tried it with Kepler
> 4.3.0 from eclipse.org (setting both the ide and runtime to the nightly
> build update site) as well as using prebuild from the nightly builds
> (both 4.3.0 and Beta8-4.3.0). I've been using efxclipse with Java8 to
> develop JavaFX applications but I'm a newbi when it comes to E4.
>
> Here is what I get: a) I've created the e4 Media example from Tutorial 3
> and set up the runtime environment.
> b) right click on product.product.launch and selecting run-as works as
> expected on both Mac and Windows)
>
> c) Now try to run the project from the product.product Overview panel
> ("Launch and Eclipse application") On windows: runs as expected
> On Mac: eclipse build and launch the application but nothing come up
> and nothing is printed to Console either. I can kill the process fro the
> Console view but that's all.
>

that is expected the launch config that has been created has special
flags for mac set else the eclipse launcher is grabing the event loop on
os-x and javafx can not be bootstraped. if you use the product file you
override the generated launch config and things fail.

> d) If I now try to run the application as in step b) above I get the
> same results, i.e. nothing. (again, only on the mac) even though it
> worked before I tried step c. It works fine on Windows

same answer than above

>
> e) I tried to export the product from the Overview in product.product
> On the Mac:
> The exported folder seems to be fine but the Eclipse.app is
> broken. In fact it does not include the binary at all. Contents/MacOS
> contains only eclipse.ini
> On Windows:
> No eclipse.exe is created the rest of the folder seems to be fine.

expected - you can not use the eclipse launcher because it will give you
the same problems than above.

if you bootstrap real application useing
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Efxclipse/Tutorials/Tutorial4 you'll notice
pom.xml are created and a build.xml if you first run the pom.xml in
releng and afterwards the build.xml you'll get an e4 app packaged as a
dmg which will hold a launcher exe, jre, ...

Tom
Previous Topic:Install missing dependencies
Next Topic:How to start unit testing
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu May 25 16:24:43 GMT 2017

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02896 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software