Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Problem using libraries with stm32 µC(Eclipse seems to refuse to include stuff from stm32f30x_tim.h, a standard library)
Problem using libraries with stm32 µC [message #1739402] Sun, 31 July 2016 23:30 Go to next message
Owl Capone is currently offline Owl CaponeFriend
Iam at the moment making baby steps on STM's ARM µCs and decided to use Eclipse Neon running on Kubuntu to play around with my STM32F3Discovery dev-board.
The absolute basics like turning on a LED or blinking it with the System Timer work and debugging is working as well.
index.php/fa/26631/0/
So I decided to use some advanced peripherals and dimm led's using PWM, but lo and behold im getting compiling errors - double checked the spelling and made sure all include paths are as they should be. Still nothing. Now for the weird part: right-clicking on the 'faulty' functions and selecting 'Open Declaration' brings me to the place in the header where the function is declared (see pic 2), so at least Eclipse can make the connection - but not the compiler or linker it seems.
Also weird, that stm32f30x_gpio.h is imported properly, although it's in the same folder as the not working header file.
index.php/fa/26632/0/

Help?
  • Attachment: wot1.png
    (Size: 174.71KB, Downloaded 1013 times)
  • Attachment: wot2.png
    (Size: 379.20KB, Downloaded 814 times)
Re: Problem using libraries with stm32 µC [message #1739590 is a reply to message #1739402] Wed, 03 August 2016 07:45 Go to previous message
Jonah Graham is currently offline Jonah GrahamFriend
Hi,

As far as I can tell from your screenshot stm32f30x_tim.c is excluded from the build. So Eclipse/compiler is finding the header file, but when it goes to link the implementation of the method is not there.

I am not sure from the info provided why all those files (the greyed out ones with the stroke through the icon) are excluded. Here is a Stack Overflow that has two ways of reincluding them: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11964469/how-to-get-back-a-file-that-was-excluded-from-a-build-configuration-in-eclipse-c

Jonah
Previous Topic:conflicting types for ... by C project compilation
Next Topic:Howto hook up Eclipse CDT with Windows SDK ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 16:51:09 GMT 2024