Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Howto hook up Eclipse CDT with Windows SDK ?(...in order to compile pure C projects)
icon5.gif  Howto hook up Eclipse CDT with Windows SDK ? [message #1739379] Sun, 31 July 2016 09:25 Go to next message
tom angelripper is currently offline tom angelripperFriend
Hi, friends.

Afaik, there are 2 ways of doing it:

1. Preinstall Visual Studio C++ Express, and then refer Eclipse CDT to the /include and /lib dirs, or something like that.

2. Run Windows SDK online installer. This one is a tough cookie, since the installer is very sensitive to the pre-existing C++ redistributables, resulting in error 5100 message, and failed installation.

Since I don't want to remove all the redistributables, cause some other apps\games might be depending on, I prefer option #1.

Here goes the actual question:

Once VSExpress is installed - what is the location of C libs and headers on disk, and which Eclipse dialog\view is responsible for them locations?
Re: Howto hook up Eclipse CDT with Windows SDK ? [message #1739520 is a reply to message #1739379] Tue, 02 August 2016 16:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David VavraFriend
According to this http://willus.com/ccomp.shtml?p11 the VS Express compiler makes only 32-bit code.

To answer you question, you need to at least provide the header directories in Project --> Properties --> C/C++ General --> Preprocessor Include Paths, Macros etc.
VS 2015 has a properties page that will give you the locations.
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee855621.aspx
Might be one in VS Express, too.

Something like MinGW with Eclipse will get you 64-bit code. If that's what you really want.

Here's more: http://help.eclipse.org/neon/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.cdt.doc.user%2Fconcepts%2Fcdt_c_before_you_begin.htm
Suggest you read it before doing anything else.

I don't have Windows available to check this out. I also have no idea how it would know what you intend to use. The documentation here is a bit short. Maybe there's a provider available in the "Preprocessor ..." dialog that you can select.

[Updated on: Tue, 02 August 2016 16:16]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Howto hook up Eclipse CDT with Windows SDK ? [message #1739598 is a reply to message #1739520] Wed, 03 August 2016 08:14 Go to previous message
tom angelripper is currently offline tom angelripperFriend
Hi, David. Thanks for the reply, however i didn't mention 64-bit code at all.
I just wanted the exact integration paths\routes\dialogs between VSExpress C++ (preferably 2010) with Eclipse CDT.
We need a "windows"-guy here Smile
Previous Topic:Problem using libraries with stm32 µC
Next Topic:static sdl linking
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 10:54:30 GMT 2024