Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Neon - JS Content Assist now only sees current JS file?(JS Content Assist only shows proposals from items in currently open file.)
Neon - JS Content Assist now only sees current JS file? [message #1739093] Wed, 27 July 2016 13:42
Chris St. Onge is currently offline Chris St. OngeFriend
Setup is a Dynamic Web Project with Struts 1.3, Hibernate, and JSPs for the front-end. All JS files are stored in a folder in web root.

Luna and Mars had JS Content Assist working properly and Content Assist would correctly show proposals from any JS file in the project. Neon however, only shows proposals from functions in the JS file you are working in. Neon does not include items from other JS files in JS Content Assist.

To reproduce the problem, create 2 JS files in a folder in web root in a Dynamic Web Project. In the first file, define a simple function to write to the console or something. Now open the second file and define another simple function but in the function body, try to use Content Assist to call the function from the first JS file. Content Assist will show No Proposals. Now create a second function in the file and use Content Assist to call the first function. Content Assist will work correctly and show the first function as a Proposal because they are in the same file.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or I'm missing an option in Preferences. There is an option in the Javascript section in Preferences to include external JS files for use with Content Assist for JS projects but what about internal files? I do not see any other option in Preferences that would fix the problem.

A little off topic but Outline is still broken for JS classes. On a positive note, JS Content Assist does work now inside of JS classes where it was broken in Mars. However, it still suffers from the same problem in that only items from that file are shown in Content Assist.

*Edit: I should clarify that when I refer to a JS class I mean the old way of doing it, not the ECMA6 class ability.

[Updated on: Wed, 27 July 2016 14:24]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:How to get compiler warnings about scriptlets
Next Topic: Neon errors/warnings from files not in a source tree
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 11 12:59:30 GMT 2024