Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Neon version CDT errors (library and even simple functions)(Please help me. I cannot run any CDT code because there are some basic issues.)
icon9.gif  Neon version CDT errors (library and even simple functions) [message #1738822] Mon, 25 July 2016 08:37 Go to next message
ICN CN is currently offline ICN CNFriend
Hello. This is the first time I even use Eclipe.
I followed some settings guides on youtube on how to set Eclipse, but I cannot compile or anything because the libraries aren't recognised or aren't there. Also, simple functionas and commands like cout aren't recognised either.

I attached 2 screenshots to see exactly what's the problem. There will be a C code and a C++ code.

I think i have to install some kind of package so that there errors won't appear and basic things wil be recognised , but I really don't know what to download or what to do to fix this.
I installed the 86 version, I use Linux, I did the necessary settings so that it can work on Linux.

I really need your help.
Thank you for your time.

index.php/fa/26557/0/

index.php/fa/26558/0/

• Attachment: C.png
    (Size: 107.07KB, Downloaded 336 times)
  • Attachment: C++.png
    (Size: 152.21KB, Downloaded 351 times)
Re: Neon version CDT errors (library and even simple functions) [message #1738863 is a reply to message #1738822] Mon, 25 July 2016 14:51 Go to previous message
Tauno Voipio is currently offline Tauno VoipioFriend
It seems that your Linux installation does not have the program development tools installed, Eclipse is complaining because it does not find the C++ compiler, called g++.

If your Linux is of Debian flavor, write to the console:
sudo apt-get install build-essential

--

Tauno Voipio
Previous Topic:Eclipse shows wrong output
Next Topic:Eclipse Neon Errors libraries and more. please help
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Sep 21 04:12:45 GMT 2024