Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » e(fx)clipse » Could not bind a reference of component ....(Starting any E4 FX app shows several log errors)
Could not bind a reference of component .... [message #1738772] Sat, 23 July 2016 17:56 Go to next message
Onno Kouwenberg is currently offline Onno KouwenbergFriend
I've created my own app using the e(fx)clipse 2.4.0 "e4 application project" wizard in Neon. When I start my app I see in the console that DS misses several services. To be sure that it wasn't a configuration error of myself I created the e4 media app demo, and I see that it has the same errors.

I searched on the forum, and though I saw several topics with the same error none helped me to pinpoint the cause.

!SESSION 2016-07-23 19:43:41.985 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.8.0_45
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86_64, WS=gtk, NL=nl_NL
Framework arguments:  -product com.example.e4.media.product
Command-line arguments:  -product com.example.e4.media.product -data /home/maurice/workspaces/butikumi/../runtime-com.example.e4.media.product -dev file:/home/maurice/workspaces/butikumi/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/com.example.e4.media.product.product/dev.properties -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86_64 -consoleLog

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.ds 1 0 2016-07-23 19:43:43.064
!MESSAGE Could not bind a reference of component org.eclipse.fx.core.internal.JUtilLoggerFactory. The reference is: Reference[name = registerHandler, interface = java.util.logging.Handler, policy = dynamic, policy-option = greedy, cardinality = 0..n, target = null, bind = registerHandler, unbind = unregisterHandler, updated = null]

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.ds 1 0 2016-07-23 19:43:43.414
!MESSAGE Could not bind a reference of component com.example.e4.media.themes.default. The reference is: Reference[name = Stylesheet, interface = org.eclipse.fx.ui.services.theme.Stylesheet, policy = dynamic, cardinality = 0..n, target = null, bind = registerStylesheet, unbind = unregisterStylesheet]
jul 23, 2016 7:43:43 PM org.eclipse.fx.ui.workbench.renderers.fx.DefWindowRenderer$WWindowImpl <init>
WARNING: Useage of deprecated persisted state 'fx.stage.decoration' please use 'efx.window.decoration.fxml' instead.
Creating controller ....
Re: Could not bind a reference of component .... [message #1738773 is a reply to message #1738772] Sat, 23 July 2016 19:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
I think i replied on those request already but those are false postive errors in equinox ds - all is fine and good but nobody ever fixed equinox ds - i hope we can get rid of equinox ds in favor of felix ds who is more powerful!
Re: Could not bind a reference of component .... [message #1738774 is a reply to message #1738773] Sat, 23 July 2016 20:13 Go to previous message
Onno Kouwenberg is currently offline Onno KouwenbergFriend
Thanks. Didn't open the right messages probably. Obviously the problem I'm having is different then. If I can't solve it I'll post again.
Previous Topic:Problems exporting a Plugin
Next Topic:Best way to store and manage application values in a properties file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:54:11 GMT 2024