Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Can't Refactor > Rename In Neon
Can't Refactor > Rename In Neon [message #1738134] Sat, 16 July 2016 02:55 Go to next message
Christopher Polanish is currently offline Christopher PolanishFriend
Hi all, I'm seeing an annoying problem that I'm hoping someone can help me with. Since upgrading to Neon, I can no longer Refactor > Rename (Alt + Shift + R) when trying to rename variable names throughout my JavaScript files. I end up receiving the error:

Quote:
Operation unavailable on the current selection

Select a javaScript project, source folder, resource, or a JavaScript file, or a non-readonly type, var, function, local variable, or type variable.

This is a function that I use very frequently and I can't seem to figure out why it's no longer working in Neon (I'm working in the same project and with the same files as I was previously). I've tried re-installing Eclipse and creating new projects and continue to see this issue, so it could be a bug, but figured I would ask here first for any ideas.

Thanks in advance!
~Chris
  • Attachment: error.jpg
    (Size: 45.61KB, Downloaded 335 times)
Re: Can't Refactor > Rename In Neon [message #1740462 is a reply to message #1738134] Sat, 13 August 2016 16:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brandy Kinlaw is currently offline Brandy KinlawFriend
I am having the same problem. did you open a ticket?
Re: Can't Refactor > Rename In Neon [message #1767097 is a reply to message #1738134] Fri, 30 June 2017 17:48 Go to previous message
Christopher Polanish is currently offline Christopher PolanishFriend
Did you ever find a solution to this? I had the same issue in Neon and now in Oxygen also.
Previous Topic:Eclipse Issue
Next Topic:paths and symbol question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 10:43:47 GMT 2024