Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Listing tags in egit gets out of memory error(When listing tags while trying to compare to tag I get an out of memory error)
Listing tags in egit gets out of memory error [message #1737895] Wed, 13 July 2016 21:12 Go to next message
David Marshall is currently offline David MarshallFriend
I have a repo that was converted from CVS that has 17000+ tags and millions of individual commits. When I right click on a java class and choose Compare With --> Branch, Tag, or Reference it brings up a window where there are Local, References, Remote Tracking and tags groups. When I try to expand the tag group to list all the tags it takes an out of memory error.

In order to try to figure out what was happening I wrote a java program using JGit. I found that I could list the tags just fine, but if I tried to load the commits for the tags it took the error. I found something that seemed to say that was what egit is doing.

Has anyone else ran into this issue? Is there a configuration in eclipse to prevent the listing of tags from loading the commits until after you choose which tag you want to actually compare?

Re: Listing tags in egit gets out of memory error [message #1738063 is a reply to message #1737895] Fri, 15 July 2016 13:33 Go to previous message
Andrey Loskutov is currently offline Andrey LoskutovFriend
David Marshall wrote on Wed, 13 July 2016 23:12

Has anyone else ran into this issue? Is there a configuration in eclipse to prevent the listing of tags from loading the commits until after you choose which tag you want to actually compare?

Nope, there are no config options... Please file a bug.
Previous Topic:(solved) Newbie getting bizarre ClassNotFoundException: JSchException
Next Topic:Rebase Submodule
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 01:37:33 GMT 2024