Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » GMF Eclipse 4 Batik dependency Problem(Problem, managing dependencies to mulitiple versions of the same Plug-In)
GMF Eclipse 4 Batik dependency Problem [message #1737212] Wed, 06 July 2016 12:53 Go to next message
Stephan Rehfeld is currently offline Stephan RehfeldFriend
Hi,

I'm currently trying to use GMF in an Eclipse RCP application. I'm using Eclipse Neon. The RCP application uses the 3.x comp layer.

When I add the generated Editor plug-in to my run configuration and add the required plug-in using the button in the run configuration editor, the application starts but the graphical editor plug-in cannot be loaded due to missing dependencies to batik 1.6 plug-ins.

When I add the batik 1.6 plug-ins to the run configuration, my application does not start any more, because the plug-in that defines the application cannot be loaded, because it does not find the batik 1.7 plug-in any more.

So, if I only using batik 1.6, the application does not start. If I'am only using 1.7 the application starts, but the graphical editor is not loaded. If I'am using both versions, the application does not start because 1.6 is loaded prior to 1.7 and the plug-in that defines the application cannot be loaded.

However, when I create a run configuration that includes all plug-ins of my Eclipse installation, the graphical editor plug-in is loaded correctly.

I already searched the web, but didn't find any solution. Any idea, how this problem can be fixed?

Regards,

Stephan
Re: GMF Eclipse 4 Batik dependency Problem [message #1737446 is a reply to message #1737212] Fri, 08 July 2016 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I tried out to create a product based on features and added the minimal set of features required to launch my application. Using this way, it works. Out of the product a run configuration is created.

While the run configuration that is created out of my plug-ins and the required dependencies uses 147 plug-ins, the run configuration that is created out of the feature based product refers to 271 plug-ins.

It currently seems to me, that there is a plug-in that manages the dependency problem.
Re: GMF Eclipse 4 Batik dependency Problem [message #1737452 is a reply to message #1737212] Fri, 08 July 2016 11:43 Go to previous message
Okay, after I aded org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator it works and the dependency problem seems to be solved.

Now my question: Is this a missing dependency of GMF runtime or a bug in another project?

[Updated on: Fri, 08 July 2016 11:44]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Add Element to parent, when an Element is added to child
Next Topic:error while generator model "java.lang.NullpointerException"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:52:00 GMT 2024