Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Permanently exclude a directory from Search Results
Permanently exclude a directory from Search Results [message #1736980] Mon, 04 July 2016 18:54 Go to next message
Panos Kapa is currently offline Panos KapaFriend
Hi and good to meet you all!

I have a Java Ant Project. The ant build puts binary and other files in the directory '${ROOT}/build'. Eclipse correctly recognizes this directory as an output directory and hides it from the project pane/tab. However, when I run the 'Search In Files' dialog I still get results from within the 'build' directory included in my search results. This often causes me to modify the wrong file (some of the files in 'build' are copies of files in 'src') and lose all my changes on the next Ant build.

So my question is: is there a way to permanently (for this project) exclude all files in 'build' from my search results?

Thank you, best regards! Panos
Re: Permanently exclude a directory from Search Results [message #1737738 is a reply to message #1736980] Tue, 12 July 2016 11:02 Go to previous message
Davide Vecchi is currently offline Davide VecchiFriend
I didn't try this but it might do the job: from the File Search dialog, "Scope", "Working set" radio button / "Choose" / "New" / "Resource" / choose the folders you want to include in your search.

I don't know if this setting would be "permanent" as in saved with the project, but it should be preserved within the working session and most probably also across working sessions.

[Updated on: Tue, 12 July 2016 11:07]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Slow downloading
Next Topic:How to get eclipse base plugins jar
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 17:47:20 GMT 2024