Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » Connecting to elements of arrays
Connecting to elements of arrays [message #1735515] Mon, 20 June 2016 14:16 Go to next message
Gregor Müller-Riederer is currently offline Gregor Müller-RiedererFriend
Hello,

I'm working on a project to create composite function block types from another file format and can't figure out how to connect arrays properly.

I have generated a function block type which has a bunch of inputs which are all defined as arrays with the size 2. Another function block provides scalar values for the first value of each of the arrays. The second values of the arrays should be connected to another function block. Is that possible? I did not find anything about a connection like this in the IEC61499.
Is it possible to connect the elements of the array to different outputs?

The 4DIAC IDE allows me to connect the scalar values to the array inputs but I cannot specify an index and cannnot add another connection to this input.

I tried to achieve this connection by adding an index in brackets to the destination of the connection in the .fbt which did not work. (Destination="move1.position_x[0]").

Could someone please take a look at the attached diagram and tell me if a connection like that is possible?

Thanks!

Best regards,
Gregor

index.php/fa/26219/0/
Re: Connecting to elements of arrays [message #1735534 is a reply to message #1735515] Mon, 20 June 2016 21:29 Go to previous message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Hi,

according to my understand of IEC 61499 both ends need to be of same type and same array size. So IMHO 4diac-ide should check this and do not allow these connections. In order to be correct IEC 61499 you would need a FB which takes the scalars and translates them to arrays. Another options could be to harmonize the interface on both sides if possible.

Alois
Previous Topic:BeagleBoard-X15
Next Topic:Help regarding QX Function Block
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 19:26:03 GMT 2024