Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » Eunit JunitClasses missing in jars?
Eunit JunitClasses missing in jars? [message #1735309] Fri, 17 June 2016 09:47 Go to next message
Sebastian Zitzelsberger is currently offline Sebastian ZitzelsbergerFriend
Hi,

i want to implement some Junit tests according to the example given at your website:
http://www.eclipse.org/epsilon/examples/index.php?example=org.eclipse.epsilon.eunit.examples.junit

However i cannot find the used classes (EUnitTestRunner, IEUnitSuite) from the package org.eclipse.epsilon.eunit.junit
anywhere in the jars.

Am I missing something or is this no longer supported?

Greetings
Sebastian

[Updated on: Fri, 17 June 2016 09:48]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Eunit JunitClasses missing in jars? [message #1735316 is a reply to message #1735309] Fri, 17 June 2016 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Antonio Garcia-Dominguez is currently offline Antonio Garcia-DominguezFriend

These classes still exist and are part of the eunit.junit plugin, which is part of the core.dt feature (Core Development Tools). However, they're not in the standalone JARs, since internally they use some Eclipse components. I could split off the Eclipse-specific bits, however, if that's what you need. Would that work for you?

[Updated on: Fri, 17 June 2016 10:52]

Re: Eunit JunitClasses missing in jars? [message #1735331 is a reply to message #1735316] Fri, 17 June 2016 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sebastian Zitzelsberger is currently offline Sebastian ZitzelsbergerFriend
Hi Antonio, thx for the quick answer.

That would be great. I have several Eunit Test that i'd like to include in my continuous integration.

For now i copied the files from the source code in to my project and removed the few parts, that require eclipse specific classes.

Maybe you can answer another question. In the example you define your own operation contributor with a method.
public void transform() throws Exception {
    EtlModule etl = new EtlModule();
    etl.getContext().setModelRepository(context.getModelRepository());
    etl.parse(new File("resources/etl/Tree2Graph.etl"));
    etl.execute();
}

I don't understand exactly when and by whom this method will be executed. Could you please explain this?

[Updated on: Fri, 17 June 2016 12:28]

Re: Eunit JunitClasses missing in jars? [message #1739284 is a reply to message #1735331] Fri, 29 July 2016 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Sorry for the delay: I didn't receive any notifications regarding your edit :-/.

You can call this operation from anywhere in the EOL file: see all the "transform();" calls in the .eunit file?

Essentially, operation contributors allow you to add methods to an object through Java reflection. If you always return true in the contributesTo, you'll add the method to anything, including the special EolNoType value that is used for context-less calls (e.g. "transform();" is contextless, "a.transform();" is not).

Re: Eunit JunitClasses missing in jars? [message #1739293 is a reply to message #1739284] Fri, 29 July 2016 12:43 Go to previous message

By the way, the split is now complete, so you can use EUnitTestRunner from the core .jar [1]. The Eclipse-specific bit is in the EclipseEUnitTestRunner, not part of the standalone distro.

[1]: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=498879
Previous Topic:[Eugenia] Sub-labels into nodes and links
Next Topic:EObject type in Epsilon
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 01:13:38 GMT 2024