Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Connecting Eclispe BIRT to Blackboard ASR
Connecting Eclispe BIRT to Blackboard ASR [message #1734903] Mon, 13 June 2016 15:18
Barbara Becker is currently offline Barbara BeckerFriend
Hello,

I am very new to the world of BIRT and I am struggling to set up my JDBC connection in Eclispe to enable me to connect to our LMS Blackboard Advanced System Reporting server.

Our IT Team are able to access both our Prod and Dev ASR servers with no issue, using PuTTY and can run SQL queries using Oracle SQL Developer. They have supplied me with the same settings that they are using to access the ASR's.

LMS Details
Blackboard Lean 9.1 Managed Hosting ASR Server

Software Details:

Eclipse ID for Java EE Developers v2.0.2.20140224-0000
BIRT Plugin: v4.3.2v20142011
Blackboard Plugin for Eclipse: v1.0.16

JDBC Connection:
Driver Class: oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver ( v11.2)
Driver URL: jdbc:oracle:thin:@<ourIP Address>:<our PORT>:<our SID>
Username / Password - checked OK

Bb Managed Hosting have opened up the firewall to our ASR (using our Public IP to access) as my PC sits behind my organizations Firewall and when I try to Test Connection or Ping I get the following message:

org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCException: There is an error in get connection, IO Error: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection.
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCDriverManager.doConnect(JDBCDriverManager.java:336)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCDriverManager.getConnection(JDBCDriverManager.java:209)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCDriverManager.tryCreateConnection(JDBCDriverManager.java:824)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCDriverManager.testConnection(JDBCDriverManager.java:745)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.ui.util.DriverLoader.testConnection(DriverLoader.java:147)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.ui.util.DriverLoader.testConnection(DriverLoader.java:175)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.ui.profile.JDBCSelectionPageHelper.testConnection(JDBCSelectionPageHelper.java:961)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.ui.profile.JDBCSelectionPageHelper.access$11(JDBCSelectionPageHelper.java:929)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.ui.profile.JDBCSelectionPageHelper$8.widgetSelected(JDBCSelectionPageHelper.java:852)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:248)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1057)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4170)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3759)
	at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:826)
	at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:802)
	at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.data.ui.actions.NewDataSourceAction.run(NewDataSourceAction.java:126)
	at org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent(Action.java:499)
	at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:584)
	at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:501)
	at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:411)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1057)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4170)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3759)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1113)
	at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:997)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:140)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:611)
	at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:567)
	at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:150)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:124)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:354)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:181)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:636)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:591)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1450)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1426)

If anyone can shed any light or suggest some things to try I would be grateful. I have tried setting up a new report, deleting connections and starting again.

It feels to me like a Firewall issue still exists or that I have a software conflict somewhere Confused Confused

Thank you if you can assist in any way?

Barbara
Previous Topic:Count Distinct of a Column by certain group show result always expected result +1
Next Topic:org.eclipse.birt.report.exception.ViewerException: The viewing session is not available or has expir
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 18:35:44 GMT 2024