Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse SmartHome » How to know when the an UI is used
How to know when the an UI is used [message #1734837] Mon, 13 June 2016 12:12 Go to next message
Tardif Clément is currently offline Tardif ClémentFriend
Hello,

I'm try trying to Implement a binding. The devices that I want to include cannot communicate alone (I have to send to them a command and after they reply).

Thus, in order to know at every moment the state of my devices, I am forced to send a command every 2 seconds. I want to know if it's possible to know when a UI is used. In that way, I will be able to reduce the number of radio transmission.

Clément
Re: How to know when the an UI is used [message #1734906 is a reply to message #1734837] Mon, 13 June 2016 15:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kai Kreuzer is currently offline Kai KreuzerFriend
Hi Clément,

No, there is no way to tell whether a UI is currently open or not. This might also not suffice, because you might also have rules or remote systems that are interested in state updates.
The concept of ESH for such "on demand updates" is the REFRESH command - when your handler receives this command, it should reach out to the device to get its current state and send an update.

Through this mechanism, you can add a "refresh" button in your UI to manually trigger the refresh of the values. Or you can create a rule that refreshes it every 2 seconds until you deactivate the rule again. Or you have an external system sending a REFRESH command, because it needs the latest state.

Hope this helps!
Kai
Re: How to know when the an UI is used [message #1734957 is a reply to message #1734906] Tue, 14 June 2016 06:52 Go to previous message
Tardif Clément is currently offline Tardif ClémentFriend
Thank you for your answer. It help me.

[Updated on: Tue, 14 June 2016 09:54]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:<thing-type id="thingTypeId"> is case sensitive?
Next Topic:Posting custom command types on the event bus
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 05:45:19 GMT 2024