Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » New Arrangement after Deletion
New Arrangement after Deletion [message #1734792] Sun, 12 June 2016 16:09 Go to next message
Frank Sorek is currently offline Frank SorekFriend
Hi,

I have a problem when I delete a container which has subcontainers.

Here is a short model overview: containers can have sub-containers with unlimited depth. For Example: P1 contains P2 and P2 contains P3. The relation is managed by the model-element "Containment" with the features "contained Node" and "containing Node". In this example, there are 2 containments. C1 with contained Node = P2 and containing Node = P1 - and C2 with contained Node P3 and containing Node P2.

When I delete P2, P3 becomes a subcontainer from P1, so C2s feature containing Node is changed from P2 to P1 and C1 is deleted.

So far it works fine, but my problem is graphical in nature. After the deletion P3 is new arranged and its style is changed to Default (for example, if it was change to red, it is changed back).

The Deletion is managed via a service. I tried to exclude the deletion and only included the method that changes the feature containing Node but it has the same effect.
I wonder why this happens, because when I use for example the Drop Container Tool the style of the container is not changed.

How can I achieve that the style and position of P3 does not change when I delete P2 ?

[Updated on: Mon, 13 June 2016 15:33]

Report message to a moderator

Re: New Arrangement after Deletion [message #1735107 is a reply to message #1734792] Wed, 15 June 2016 15:07 Go to previous message
Julien Dupont is currently offline Julien DupontFriend
Hi Frank,

I think I'm going to need your metamodel and you descrption file
(.odesign). If I try to use ecore to illustrate your example, Px being
EPackages and Cx being EClasses. If P1 contains P2 and P2 contains P3,
if I remove P2 P3 is removed. So really need your metamodel and your
descitption file to give you an answer.

Regards,

--
Julien - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Previous Topic:Loading models: Loading referenced models of "representations.aird" hangs forever
Next Topic:Resizing many diagram elements without loosing separation between elements
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 18:13:26 GMT 2024