Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Sphinx » adding new action to submenu
adding new action to submenu [message #1734554] Thu, 09 June 2016 10:45
Muniraj K A is currently offline Muniraj K AFriend
I need to add a new command/action to an already existing context menu. Facing problem in uploading the screenshot so I am explaining the problem in words- if we open any project in 'Artop' perspective, we get a package by name 'AUTOSAR' in the list of resources of the project. On right clicking 'AUTOSAR' package(ArPackageImpl object), a context menu with various commands like new child, open in editor, open references etc. is opened.When right clicked on the 'new child' option, there is a submenu opening with the options annotations, ar packages, blueprint policies etc.

The issue now is, I am unable to find the ID of this 'submenu' to add a new command(or action) to it.

using plugin spy, it showed - The active contribution location URI: menu:null?after=additions The active contribution item class: CreateChildAction The contributing plug-in: org.eclipse.emf.edit.ui (2.10.2.v20150123-0452).

Thinking that this submenu does not have an id, I debugged the program to add it programmatically. I found getNewChildDescriptors() method in org.eclipse.sphinx.emf.explorer.actions.providers.BasicModelEditActionProvider class doing the trick(dint understand the logic though). Could anybody please help me achieve this task either by overriding this method or using any extention point.
Previous Topic:selecting element in Sphinx editor and focusing it
Next Topic:Cross Document Reference
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 03:32:25 GMT 2024