Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Eclipse Layout Kernel » Orthogonal Bus Routing in ELK Layered - how?
Orthogonal Bus Routing in ELK Layered - how? [message #1734516] Thu, 09 June 2016 06:18 Go to next message
Marco Descher is currently offline Marco DescherFriend
Hey there, first off, thanks for you great ELK project.

I'm trying to realize a genealogy editor in the medical domain, re-enacting the way domain experts visualize and edit such graphs.

To this end, I need to realize an orthogonal bus layout routing, which should look like in the following image:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72943400/2016-06-09_0806.png

Could somebody give me some hints on how to realize this? I found the ELK layered algorithm quite promissing.

If this algorithm is the way to go, are there any hints I can deliver to the algorithm for node placement and or routing that are not covered via the properties?

Is bus routing supported at all?
Re: Orthogonal Bus Routing in ELK Layered - how? [message #1734640 is a reply to message #1734516] Fri, 10 June 2016 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Miro Spönemann is currently offline Miro SpönemannFriend

Yes, ELK Layered should be able to do what you're looking for. For that kind of bus routing try to activate the "Merge Edges" option (visible in the Layout view after activating the advanced options in the toggle button of the view toolbar).

All configuration parameters of the algorithm are controllable via the properties. Apart from the layout view, they can be set programmatically. There's not much documentation on this yet, since large parts of the API have been rebuilt, but some is available here: https://github.com/eclipse/elk/wiki/Advanced-Configuration
Re: Orthogonal Bus Routing in ELK Layered - how? [message #1734654 is a reply to message #1734640] Fri, 10 June 2016 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christoph Daniel Schulze is currently offline Christoph Daniel SchulzeFriend
Another way you might want to check out would be to try and use our Mr.Tree layout algorithm.
Re: Orthogonal Bus Routing in ELK Layered - how? [message #1736283 is a reply to message #1734654] Tue, 28 June 2016 08:32 Go to previous message
Marco Descher is currently offline Marco DescherFriend
Thanks a lot Christoph, that works! Smile
Previous Topic:Building custom layout managers for Graphiti
Next Topic:GreedyCycleBreaker algorithm in ELK layered
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 02:40:57 GMT 2024