Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » SWT on Neon not rendering some window controls fully with GTK3(Possible problem with SWT mapping to GTK3 in rendering complex windows)
SWT on Neon not rendering some window controls fully with GTK3 [message #1734508] Thu, 09 June 2016 04:31 Go to next message
Joe Fernandez is currently offline Joe FernandezFriend
Tried Neon Release Candidate 3 (4.6.ORC3) Build 20160602-0837.

Used OOMPH installer on Fedora 22 for the RCP package.

Eclipse comes up and some issues with the Dark theme seem to have been fixed (Nice thanks Smile ) but the menu item New -->Target Definition has the lowest box incompletely rendered with one radio button inaccessible.

It also happens with the GTK theme.

Is this a problem with my settings or a bug? ( Same happens with Mars 4.5.2. I was hoping it was a bug that would have been fixed in Neon.)

I understand the recommendation from the developers is to persist with GTK3, not go down to GTK2.

(In passing, the well known pixman_region32_init_rect bug is also still there but that is another issue.)

Re: SWT on Neon not rendering some window controls fully with GTK3 [message #1749220 is a reply to message #1734508] Sat, 03 December 2016 16:26 Go to previous message
Natalie Mogilka is currently offline Natalie MogilkaFriend
I faced the problem in Neon1 under Ubuntu and GTK 3.
Fixed it by 2 lines in eclipse.ini (on the top of file):

--launcher.GTK_version
Previous Topic:How do I prevent a multi-line text field from "stealing" tab-key presses? on Swt Table
Next Topic:{SWT Shell} How to open pdf file with the SWT shell ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 11:01:06 GMT 2024