Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » RCP Testing Tool » How to wait until an upgrade is done.
How to wait until an upgrade is done. [message #1734168] Sun, 05 June 2016 16:35 Go to next message
Agustin Celentano is currently offline Agustin CelentanoFriend
Hello folks,

This time, I come to you with the following scenario I don't know how to represent it in RCPTT.

The use case is that I want to verify that after doing an upgrade of my AUT , it contains the correspondent version.

The problem here is that I did not find a reliable way to wait until the update is finished. I click on check for updates and the update window starts downloading things. But.. how I can wait the time it takes to complete the download? Do you know how to represent it in ECL?

I've tried to check the progress view but I had to do it through a try/catch command which I had to play with times and repeats parameters being not much reliable and efficient.
Also I've tried the "wait-until-eclipse-is-ready" command but I think it is not the purpose of this command (used with restart AUT command).
Finally, I've checked if it waits by default but in the middle of the downloading, it continues executing other ECL commands not finishing the download.

Check attached screenshot to clarify the idea.

Regards,

Agustin Celentano
Re: How to wait until an upgrade is done. [message #1737018 is a reply to message #1734168] Tue, 05 July 2016 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrey Sobolev is currently offline Andrey SobolevFriend
Hi,

By default RCPTT wait for all jobs, if jobs are expected more 30 seconds. Option is "Job Hang Skip timeout", you could increase it.
and for jobs waited for UI RCPTT waits for 2 minutes and try do step by one command execution, it seems happen with you app.

So could you please try increase a timeouts for this values in ECL for your specific test.

set-q7-option uijobHangTimeout 120000
set-q7-option jobSleepingStepTimeout 240000

Time is in ms.

Best regards,
Andrey.
Re: How to wait until an upgrade is done. [message #1794511 is a reply to message #1737018] Fri, 31 August 2018 15:44 Go to previous message
Jens Lidestrom is currently offline Jens LidestromFriend
I'd like to add this observation to the solution:

For some unknown reason I fail to set these values from my test script. If I set them in the RCPTT workspace preferences however it works fine.

(That is, the preferences in Windows > Preferences > RCP Testing Tool > Advanced Options.)
Previous Topic:Elements can't be found when replaying the script
Next Topic:AuT crash after SocketException: "Successful WSAStartup not yet performed"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:05:40 GMT 2024