Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse Java 4.5 Mars .2: Create a Java Project Wizard GUI Hung -- how to remove GUI from desktop?(How to remove frozen GUI's from desktop?)
Eclipse Java 4.5 Mars .2: Create a Java Project Wizard GUI Hung -- how to remove GUI from desktop? [message #1734006] Thu, 02 June 2016 22:27
Karen Green is currently offline Karen GreenFriend
ENVIRONMENT -- I am running Eclipse Java 4.5 Mars .2 on a 64-bit Windows 7 on a Toshiba Tecra A50-C laptop with Intel Core i5-6200U CPU with 16.0 GB RAM

PROBLEM STATEMENT

I am trying to create a new project. I hit Next at the bottom of the Create a Java Project Wizard GUI which took me to the next GUI. I closed that GUI.

Unfortunately the Create a Java Project GUI and the IDE GUI underneath it are now frozen.

WHAT I DID TO TRY TO FIX IT

Try 1. The Windows Task Manager does not list any Eclipse processes per se.

Try 2. Then I re-booted the PC twice and unfortunately the frozen windows persist after the re-boot.

Try 3. I manually deleted the project workspace folder I had created with hopes that it would remove the frozen GUI's but no such luck.

Try 4. I then went to uninstall it from the Windows Control Panel but I see no program with Eclipse in its name registered.

REQUEST: What do I need to do to fix this and regain a clean desktop free of this frozen GUI stuff?

Thank you, K.
Previous Topic:Compile code in SVN remote repository
Next Topic:javafx used in linux eclipse RCP swt
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 01:16:26 GMT 2024