Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » How to execute headless mode in jubula?(Trying to perform tests in headless mode to not see GUI acting out)
How to execute headless mode in jubula? [message #1733867] Wed, 01 June 2016 14:28 Go to next message
Eric rosen is currently offline Eric rosenFriend
Hi, I'm trying to use Jubula stand alone in order to do some testing on a swing application. I've made my tests, but whenever I run the program, I see the actual GUI come up and see the mouse move around in order to click on things, put in info, ect. I was wondering how I can do these actions in headless mode, so that there doesn't need a mouse to be connected or anything, it'll just run/activate the functions of the application without controlling the mouse. I don't mean the GUI shouldn't neccessarily still popup, but there's a lag time in waiting for the mouse to physically move, and was wondering how to go around this. I essentialy want to use doClick on my jbutton. but I also don't know to access the actual jcomponents of the program, even with the client API. If anyone could possibly point me in the right direction, I'd reeally appreciate it. Thanks!
Re: How to execute headless mode in jubula? [message #1733941 is a reply to message #1733867] Thu, 02 June 2016 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Eric,

Jubula's clicks and text inputs are as close to user interactions as possible, so they do actually use the system mouse and keyboard. Running a Jubula test in headless mode means using the testexec (i.e. the Jubula application is headless), not that the UI is not needed. There isn't a way to call methods on components bypassing the UI.

On the testing portal there's an article on setting up a test machine: http://testing.bredex.de/test-machine-setup.html

Hope this helps,
Alex
Re: How to execute headless mode in jubula? [message #1734471 is a reply to message #1733941] Wed, 08 June 2016 15:07 Go to previous message
Eric rosen is currently offline Eric rosenFriend
Yes, this helped me a lot, thanks Alex!
Previous Topic:How Jubula works?
Next Topic:Access Swing components directly
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 02:44:14 GMT 2024