Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » EclipseLink get stuck
EclipseLink get stuck [message #1733596] Mon, 30 May 2016 11:12 Go to next message
Nn Ii is currently offline Nn IiFriend
Hi Folks,

creating this post is my last hope to solve my problem. Where to start....
I developed an desktop application (Fat Client) based on Java using newest EclipseLink framework. That client is connecting with an Microsoft SQL Database. Now the problem: sometimes the application freezes with no particular reason and without any Exception. The debug shows, that it freezes at getting some property of an entity like "student.getName()". The Getter is really simple and just has to return the value. But EclipseLink is unable to get that value from the database. When this problem occurs all other clients have the same problem. Only restarting the MS-SQL Database Service on the server helps. After that the application works again like a charm, without restarting it.

What I do not understand: When the database get stuck it is still possible to make "SQL SELECTS" on the database itself. But EclipseLink is not able to get the data. Also there is a Test-Database on the same server running on the same service. EclipseLink can still access that test-database.
On my machine at home I never experienced that kind of problem. Only the customer has this problem. I guess it has something to do with the amount of users using this database.

Actually I am familiar with the best-practises with using JPA. Keeping transactions as short as possible. Creating a new EntityManager for a new context to keep it small and to let the GC do its work. But I do not understand why EclipseLink hangs the database.

You have any hints? Why I get no Exception or Error. Why restarting the database helps? Are there any kinds of locks?

Thank you for any help
Re: EclipseLink get stuck [message #1734372 is a reply to message #1733596] Tue, 07 June 2016 15:37 Go to previous message
Chris Delahunt is currently offline Chris DelahuntFriend
How are you creating connections and how are they released? My guess is that your connection pool is leaking connections, causing any new database access to wait on a connection to be freed once your max number is hit.

Best Regards,
Chris
Previous Topic:Report security Issue
Next Topic:Is weaving applied only to super parent class?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 15:43:14 GMT 2024