Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » ECP - RAP editor and data binding via emfstore(ECP - RAP editor and data binding via emfstore)
ECP - RAP editor and data binding via emfstore [message #1733400] Fri, 27 May 2016 02:09 Go to next message
Ramakrishnan PK is currently offline Ramakrishnan PKFriend
Hello Everyone,

I have the following packages
org.example.ecoremodel -> contains the ecore and genmodel
org.example.ecoremodel.edit -> generated code impl
org.example.ecoreviewmodel -> EMF forms .view XMI files (nothing else)

org.example.rap
- IApplication
- WorkbenchAdvisor
- WorkbenchWindowAdvisor
- Perspective
- View which uses one of the ecore model using the registered .view model

Till now this is brings up a view based on the XMI view model.

But my final target application should be something similar to the "Makeit happen sample E3 application" running in a RAP mode over web.
- I mean particularly workspace, projects, emfstore(or cdo or any), editor (+ save mechanisms)

Can you provide me some pointers on how to proceed.

Regards,
Ram
Re: ECP - RAP editor and data binding via emfstore [message #1733467 is a reply to message #1733400] Fri, 27 May 2016 20:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Neil Mackenzie is currently offline Neil MackenzieFriend
Hi Ram,
are you looking for something like the example e3 app , but with your own ecore model, and in RAP mode? I have something similar in a test environment at: http://www.regcommunity.org/ecpemfstore/ecpWeb . You can login as super with password super.
It currently uses makeithappen model in this environment, it has a NPE which can be ignored(I am trying to determine the cause).
Is this the kind of thing you are looking for? If so I can explain how I set it up.
I dont use any custom IApplication, WorkbenchAdvisor, WorkbenchWindowAdvisor,Perspective or View .
I do have this working with my own custom ecore model and viewmodel also.
Regards,
Neil
Re: ECP - RAP editor and data binding via emfstore [message #1733469 is a reply to message #1733467] Fri, 27 May 2016 21:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
btw the NPE only occurs since I have this running in Tomcat. it is caused by a problem getting an image of a small red or green dot to make a composite image to show if the emfstore server has been logged into or not. It doesnt affect behaviour (other than not seeing the red or green dot)
Re: ECP - RAP editor and data binding via emfstore [message #1733488 is a reply to message #1733469] Sat, 28 May 2016 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The NPE issue has been raised in bug report https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=494819
Re: ECP - RAP editor and data binding via emfstore [message #1733620 is a reply to message #1733467] Mon, 30 May 2016 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Neil,

<-Sorry for the late reply.->

Yes. Exactly.

It would be very much helpful if you could share the steps or the project(s).
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Ram
Re: ECP - RAP editor and data binding via emfstore [message #1733660 is a reply to message #1733400] Mon, 30 May 2016 18:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Ram,
I set this up by compiling the code for the ecp and emfstore projects from the git repositories (there are other ways to set it up , but I like to be able to tweak the code and rerun quickly)
As an IDE I use the eclipse Oomph profile for Mars.2 (http://eclipsesource.com/blogs/2016/02/29/eclipsesource-oomph-profile-updated-to-mars-2/) since it has the required plugins (such as RAP tools for launching the application).
I checkout 'release 1.9.0' of the ecp project from git, and branch 'develop' from emfstore project.
I import all the projects from git.
I have a custom target and RAP launch script, which will hopefully be part of emfsttore project 1.8 RC2 release next week, they are the latest 2 attachements in bug report https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=494651. The emfstore team will decide on the best place for these but you can put the launch script in org.eclipse.emf.ecp.releng project replacing the current launch script ecpwebemfstore.launch. I suggest putting the target file from the bug report in the _target project. Note that it was very recently updated to use eclipse neon milestones.
In windows->preferences->plugin developement-> target, choose the custom target. It can take a long time to load, be careful to check that it loads succesfully, clicking edit will usually make sure it is fully loaded in my experience.
Build the project (some projects, such as javafx modules, will not compile as they are not needed for RAP, tis is OK)
then running the launch script from 'run->run configurations' should run the start the application locally (again it may complain about some plugins not needed for RAP) . You may need to refresh the browser after a few seconds if it doesnt show the application immediately. It can also be deployed to tomcat with a bit of effort (I have documented the process at https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=493073). any problems you can send me an email at neilswebmail@yahoo.co.uk.
Regards,
Neil
Re: ECP - RAP editor and data binding via emfstore [message #1733761 is a reply to message #1733660] Tue, 31 May 2016 13:40 Go to previous message
Hello Neil,

Thanks a lot.

I'm able to get it working with the target and launch files.
The entry point "org.eclipse.emf.ecp.rap.viewapp" was the mistake. I had a custom one!

Using it as a git repository is a very good approach to get included with the bug fixes.
But I used the latest build from emf-store and ecp. 2016-05-30.
BTW: I used neon-rc2

Thank you for the tomcat deployment steps. If I find time I'll give a try.

In general, there were some issues and there are some questions which we shall discuss in a separate thread.

Regards,
Ram
Previous Topic:[EMF Forms] Locales with country and variant code
Next Topic:[teneo] Hibernate 5 support
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 00:13:53 GMT 2024