Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Linux Tools Project » GCov plugin handling of linked resources and binutilites
GCov plugin handling of linked resources and binutilites [message #1732900] Sun, 22 May 2016 13:30 Go to next message
Eugene K is currently offline Eugene KFriend
Hello,

I've been using GCov plugin since Juno on Windows platform and each time I had to patch linked resource handling and handling of binutilies.

Linked Resources:
All path resolutions are done using org.eclipse.core.resources.IWorkspaceRoot.getFileForLocation() which does not work on linked resources.

Binutilites:
Assumption is made that tools are on the path and are the same for all projects. This is not always the case. Each project might point to its own tools and requires local resolution. Binutilities extension helps but there is still code which makes indirect assumptions about tools e.g. CovManager should be always aware of the IProject.

I have the patch for these issues but not sure how and whom to contact as it is MS Windows port rather than Linux. The patch is based on the Git master.

Regards,
Eugene
Re: GCov plugin handling of linked resources and binutilites [message #1732911 is a reply to message #1732900] Mon, 23 May 2016 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeff Johnston is currently offline Jeff JohnstonFriend
Hi Eugene, do you have a CLA? If you do, open a bug against 4.2.2 gcov and submit a patch to gerrit with the bug number referenced in first line of commit log. e.g. Bug 40234 - fix gcov for linked resources

That said, I have made a few fixes recently that fix linked resources and no additional scenarios have been added. For the bug, you need to specify a scenario that is currently failing for you to help verify your change works and is needed. Time is of the essence as we are heading to Neon RC2 on Tuesday and Monday is a holiday here in Canada. There is a high probability this will have to wait until the Neon.1 update in the fall, but if the code changes are simple, then there is a chance.
Re: GCov plugin handling of linked resources and binutilites [message #1732971 is a reply to message #1732911] Mon, 23 May 2016 06:33 Go to previous message
Eugene K is currently offline Eugene KFriend
Hi Jeff,

I have entered https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=494296 and attached patch file.

Please keep in mind that these are the changes which worked for me and my projects. All projects I use are based on linked resources including binaries.

Eugene
Previous Topic:Linux Tools 4.2.1 is released
Next Topic:Building linuxtools
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:44:28 GMT 2024