Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Kura » Difference in Mqtt Publish/Subscribe via CloudService and DataService in Kura
Difference in Mqtt Publish/Subscribe via CloudService and DataService in Kura [message #1732766] Thu, 19 May 2016 23:20 Go to next message
Praful CJ is currently offline Praful CJFriend
Hi,

I was able to publish and subscribe in Mqtt using CloudService and DataService. Could you please help me in understanding advantage/disadvantage by using these 2 implementations in Kura.
I would also like to know purpose of using accountName ,clientID in MQTT for cloudservice implementation.

Regards,
Praful
Re: Difference in Mqtt Publish/Subscribe via CloudService and DataService in Kura [message #1732981 is a reply to message #1732766] Mon, 23 May 2016 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Woodard is currently offline David WoodardFriend
Hello,

The main advantages of using the CloudService are:

* The messages are serialized using Google Protobufs and GZIP to efficiently manage the size of the payloads
* Applications are logically separated by application IDs so multiple applications can communicate without risk of topic namespace collisions

Main reasons for not using the CloudService:

* You need complete control of the topic names (i.e. not following the CloudService model of <account_name>/<client_id>/<app_id>)
* You do not want to use Google Protobufs

For the CloudService, the accountName is used to provide a unique MQTT topic name space to messages. For both the CloudService and DataService, the clientID is the MQTT client ID that uniquely identifies the Kura MQTT client with the broker.

Thanks,
--Dave
Re: Difference in Mqtt Publish/Subscribe via CloudService and DataService in Kura [message #1733225 is a reply to message #1732981] Wed, 25 May 2016 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Praful CJ is currently offline Praful CJFriend
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the information , it was the precise info i was looking for

Regards,
Praful
Re: Difference in Mqtt Publish/Subscribe via CloudService and DataService in Kura [message #1763842 is a reply to message #1733225] Mon, 22 May 2017 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
iqbal elfaita is currently offline iqbal elfaitaFriend
Hello Praful,

I am new to try for eclipse kura, I now trying to implement the dataservice for publishing data but not succeed yet, can you help me please to tell me the recommended tutorial of building the dataservice implementation on kura ?

and you said that you successfully implemented the cloudservice of kura, how do you recommend to implement google protobuf decoder for subscribe via web client ?

Thanks,
Iqbal
Re: Difference in Mqtt Publish/Subscribe via CloudService and DataService in Kura [message #1763995 is a reply to message #1763842] Tue, 23 May 2017 18:10 Go to previous message
David Woodard is currently offline David WoodardFriend
Hello,

What problems are you having with the DataService?

For decoding protobuf messages in Javascript, I would recommend Protobuf.JS version 6.6.3.

Thanks,
--Dave
Previous Topic:Beginner need help to develop
Next Topic:Example Using GPIO
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 15:21:11 GMT 2024