Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » jQuery and Sample Viewer Problem(Table of Contents entries break jQuery features)
jQuery and Sample Viewer Problem [message #1732424] Tue, 17 May 2016 08:05 Go to next message
David Good is currently offline David GoodFriend
Hi,

I refer to an OpenText blog post (http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/files/file/1125-jquery-and-open-source-birt/) which details how to use jQuery in BIRT reports. I have downloaded the report and have it working.

I tested the report in the OS sample viewer (birt.runtime_4.3.1.v20130918-1142) and can see that there are issues when the Table Of Contents (TOC) is engaged and contains entries (see attached .rptdesign); it stops the jQuery.

With no entries in the TOC, I can open and close it and everything is fine but when I add some TOC entries on ProductCode (Element ID: 474), I see the following issues:

1. Open and close the the TOC then use viewer page navigation buttons:
- highlights remain until I use the page forward/back buttons but no more highlights after they are used
2. Open the TOC and select a link
- hyperlink works
- no more highlights after link selected

Q1: Are there known bugs with TOC and head.js?
Q2: Has anyone encountered this issue and found a workaround?

I am in the position where I must either exclude jQuery (and other js libs such as Google charts) from the reports or modify the viewer to exclude the TOC. One or the other!

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
David.
Re: jQuery and Sample Viewer Problem [message #1733088 is a reply to message #1732424] Tue, 24 May 2016 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I have had no replies. I expect this problem will affect many users.

If there is anyone who has encountered this issue and/or has any ideas for a workaround please provide feedback.

Thanks,
David
Re: jQuery and Sample Viewer Problem [message #1738673 is a reply to message #1733088] Fri, 22 July 2016 07:24 Go to previous message
Bug logged with bugzilla for this issue:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=498322
Previous Topic:Birt 4.4.2 Excel image changed table column with
Next Topic:Related Cascade Parameters
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:49:42 GMT 2024