Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Problem with required attributes(Property editor fails with an exception when selecting 1..1 cardinality in an attribute and models with 1..1 cardinality cannot be loaded (ArrayStoreException))
Problem with required attributes [message #1732250] Fri, 13 May 2016 21:28 Go to next message
diego sevilla is currently offline diego sevillaFriend
Dear all:

Since a couple of versions of Sirius for Mars.2 I've been observing problems loading my models. Making tests, I realized the following:

* Class diagrams for certain .ecore models weren't displayed. The error was ArrayStoreException in EEnumImpl.
* When I created another diagram for the given .ecore model, some classes could not be dragged. By trial and error, I noticed those classes were those that contained an attribute with 1..1 cardinality (required). If I modified the element to be 0..X it could be added to the view.
* When creating a new diagram for an empty model, when you add an attribute for a class, if you edit the properties using either the modal window or the downward "Properties" panel and you set lowerBound to 1, an error is signaled that it is said to be ignored, and the Properties panel gets deselected (and the "1" value in lowerBound is not stored). This is the exception then:

org.eclipse.emf.common.util.WrappedException: An exception was ignored during command execution
at org.eclipse.emf.common.command.BasicCommandStack.handleError(BasicCommandStack.java:281)
at org.eclipse.emf.transaction.impl.AbstractTransactionalCommandStack.handleError(AbstractTransactionalCommandStack.java:125)
at org.eclipse.emf.transaction.impl.AbstractTransactionalCommandStack.execute(AbstractTransactionalCommandStack.java:229)
at org.eclipse.emf.eef.runtime.impl.components.StandardPropertiesEditionComponent.firePropertiesChanged(StandardPropertiesEditionComponent.java:212)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecoretools.design.properties.parts.forms.EAttributePropertiesEditionPartForm$8.focusLost(EAttributePropertiesEditionPartForm.java:455)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:143)

I'm sure this is an error in Sirius, because I effectively cannot load or generate in the graphical view a required attribute.

Thanks in advance.
diego.
Re: Problem with required attributes [message #1732470 is a reply to message #1732250] Tue, 17 May 2016 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Julien Dupont is currently offline Julien DupontFriend
Hi Diego,

We don't have any informations to try to reproduce the problem.
Do you use your own specification viewpoint (your own .odesign) or the
Ecore tool modeler?
Could you maybe sent us a reproducible use case?

Regards,

--
Julien - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Problem with required attributes [message #1732662 is a reply to message #1732470] Wed, 18 May 2016 21:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
diego sevilla is currently offline diego sevillaFriend
Hi:

I'm sorry. It turns out it has to do with the support of GTK3 with the new Gnome 3.20. Forcing the use of GTK2 solves the problem. Somehow it is related with bold fonts in GTK3:

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=211227

Thanks,
diego.
Re: Problem with required attributes [message #1733577 is a reply to message #1732250] Mon, 30 May 2016 09:29 Go to previous message
Laurent Redor is currently offline Laurent RedorFriend
Hi,

You're problem can also be linked to
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=470297.

Regards,

Le 13/05/2016 à 23:28, diego sevilla a écrit :
> Dear all:
>
> Since a couple of versions of Sirius for Mars.2 I've been observing
> problems loading my models. Making tests, I realized the following:
>
> * Class diagrams for certain .ecore models weren't displayed. The error
> was ArrayStoreException in EEnumImpl.
> * When I created another diagram for the given .ecore model, some
> classes could not be dragged. By trial and error, I noticed those
> classes were those that contained an attribute with 1..1 cardinality
> (required). If I modified the element to be 0..X it could be added to
> the view.
> * When creating a new diagram for an empty model, when you add an
> attribute for a class, if you edit the properties using either the modal
> window or the downward "Properties" panel and you set lowerBound to 1,
> an error is signaled that it is said to be ignored, and the Properties
> panel gets deselected (and the "1" value in lowerBound is not stored).
> This is the exception then:
>
> org.eclipse.emf.common.util.WrappedException: An exception was ignored
> during command execution
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.common.command.BasicCommandStack.handleError(BasicCommandStack.java:281)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.transaction.impl.AbstractTransactionalCommandStack.handleError(AbstractTransactionalCommandStack.java:125)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.transaction.impl.AbstractTransactionalCommandStack.execute(AbstractTransactionalCommandStack.java:229)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.eef.runtime.impl.components.StandardPropertiesEditionComponent.firePropertiesChanged(StandardPropertiesEditionComponent.java:212)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.ecoretools.design.properties.parts.forms.EAttributePropertiesEditionPartForm$8.focusLost(EAttributePropertiesEditionPartForm.java:455)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:143)
> ..
>
> I'm sure this is an error in Sirius, because I effectively cannot load
> or generate in the graphical view a required attribute.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> diego.

--
Laurent Redor - Obeo

Laurent Redor - Obeo

Previous Topic:Creating new a new file
Next Topic:Get the view resulting from the "Create Instance" instruction
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 21:07:10 GMT 2024