Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Issue with compartments using Vertical Stacks
Issue with compartments using Vertical Stacks [message #1731913] Tue, 10 May 2016 20:44 Go to next message
Eduardo Silva is currently offline Eduardo SilvaFriend
Hi again,

I think you'll see me a lot in here Razz

I'm currently developing a SysML-like tool in Sirius and facing several issues, most of them I find a solution in this forum or in the tutorials.

I found pretty interesting the new feature of Sirius 3 for creating compartments, I'm trying to use it to define my graphical language. However, there is one issue I couldn't find the solution yet.

As the title suggests, I'm using compartments to organize the features of an Activity. Activity is a Container that contains 3 sub-containers: Parameters, Constraints and a third one I use for 2-clicks opening for the Activity Diagram (I know this last one is not necessary, but I like it Razz).
However, there is always a empty space on the right side of the compartments, as you can see in the figure I'm annexing. I realized if I change the Activity's Children Presentation (in the .odesign file) to Horizontal Stack and then change it back to Vertical Stack, this space is eliminated. Although this solution is not valid, for evident reasons (the final user will have no access to the .odesign file).

In the annexed figure, the left Activity is how it should be, I achieved that by switching to Horizontal Stack and then switching back to Vertical Stack. The Activity on the right is a recently created Activity, with around 1/3 of empty space on its right side (marked with an ugly X).
index.php/fa/25868/0/
My question, at last, is: how do I remove this empty space?

[Updated on: Tue, 10 May 2016 20:46]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Issue with compartments using Vertical Stacks [message #1731915 is a reply to message #1731913] Wed, 11 May 2016 00:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Parsa Pourali is currently offline Parsa PouraliFriend
Hi,

I think this is related to a known bug in Sirius which I have previously submitted it as:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=492607

Yours is another good situation to reproduce the bug. Hopefully, they'll fix it in the new release.

Regards,
Parsa
Re: Issue with compartments using Vertical Stacks [message #1736402 is a reply to message #1731913] Wed, 29 June 2016 09:02 Go to previous message
Maxime Porhel is currently offline Maxime PorhelFriend
Hi Eduardo,

There is currently some work on Bugs 495046, 495119 and 495707 which
might improve your empty space issue.

I added some links between those bugs and the one mentionned by Parsa
Pourali on this thread.

Regards

Le 10/05/2016 à 22:44, Eduardo Silva a écrit :
> Hi again,
>
> I think you'll see me a lot in here :p
>
> I'm currently developing a SysML-like tool in Sirius and facing several issues, most of them I find a solution in this forum or in the tutorials.
>
> I found pretty interesting the new feature of Sirius 3 for creating compartments, I'm trying to use it to define my graphical language. However, there is one issue I couldn't find the solution yet.
>
> As the title suggests, I'm using compartments to organize the features of an Activity. Activity is a Container that contains 3 sub-containers: Parameters, Constraints and a third one I use for 2-clicks opening for the Activity Diagram (I know this last one is not necessary, but I like it :p).
> However, there is always a empty space on the right side of the compartments, as you can see in the figure I'm annexing. I realized if I change the Activity's Children Presentation (in the .odesign file) to Horizontal Stack and then change it back to Vertical Stack, this space is eliminated. Although this solution is not valid, for evident reasons (the final user will have no access to the .odesign file).
>
> In the annexed figure, the left Activity is how it should be, I achieved that by switching to Horizontal Stack and then switching back to Vertical Stack. The Activity on the right is a recently created Activity, with around 1/3 of empty space on its right side (marked with a ugly X).
>
> My question, at last, is: how do I remove this empty space?

Did you try the "Auto Size" action from contextual menu or the
corresponing button in the diagram toolbar ? ( with the compartment or
its parent selected)

>

--
Maxime - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
--

Maxime Porhel - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Previous Topic:[Properties view] Getting extra input from user
Next Topic:Creating multiple layers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 24 05:43:48 GMT 2024