Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » NatTable » IStructureSelection(Facing issue to get group data inside IStructureSelection object. Not the group name, complete groupobject with set of row objects.)
IStructureSelection [message #1731466] Thu, 05 May 2016 15:54 Go to next message
Suray Krishna is currently offline Suray KrishnaFriend
In the attached FeatureScreenShot.png, on selection of Lisa [3] - (3), we are getting selection object as Lisa[3] - (3), not the data inside the Lisa objects. As we need to do action on top of them, please suggest how to proceed int his case.
Re: IStructureSelection [message #1731472 is a reply to message #1731466] Thu, 05 May 2016 19:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
What answer do you expect on that question? There is almost no information despite the fact that something doesn't work as you expect.

Where do you get the IStructuredSelection from? Do you use our RowSelectionProvider? And if so, how?
Re: IStructureSelection [message #1731486 is a reply to message #1731472] Fri, 06 May 2016 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suray Krishna is currently offline Suray KrishnaFriend
We are using the RowSelectionProvider. On selection of groupbyobject, in its first line(i.e. heading), we are receiving only its header or heading. Not the internal objects in it. ILayer selection object shows only filter name. Is there any way to fetch internal objects in it. Or how to use filter object in GroupByModel class, so that I can give the filter name to fetch the group data.
Re: IStructureSelection [message #1731493 is a reply to message #1731486] Fri, 06 May 2016 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:
we are receiving only its header or heading. Not the internal objects in it.

Technically there is no real tree in a NatTable tree. It is a tree representation of a list. Therefore there is nothing like a direct "give me your children".

Quote:
Is there any way to fetch internal objects in it. Or how to use filter object in GroupByModel class, so that I can give the filter name to fetch the group data.

You can try to filter like we are doing it in the GroupByDataLayer for implementing the summary feature or try to ask the ITreeRowModel with the GroupByObject or its index in the TreeList to retrieve the children.
Re: IStructureSelection [message #1732453 is a reply to message #1731493] Tue, 17 May 2016 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evan O\'Connell is currently offline Evan O\'ConnellFriend
We were able to get this working by extending the existing RowSelectionProvider. When the current selection is a GroupByObject, we then make a call to GroupByDataLayer#getElementsInGroup to get the underlying rows. We then add those elements to the StructuredSelection.

I am willing to open up a feature request and contribute this code back to the project. I think it is something others might find useful. @Dirk, please let me know if you agree.
Re: IStructureSelection [message #1732457 is a reply to message #1732453] Tue, 17 May 2016 12:18 Go to previous message
Feel free to do so
Previous Topic:Multiple Rows deletion in NatTable
Next Topic:240 dpi not supported?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 14:40:15 GMT 2024