Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » is BIRT right choice for huge data reporting?
is BIRT right choice for huge data reporting? [message #1731453] Thu, 05 May 2016 12:26 Go to next message
Ravi Rathod is currently offline Ravi RathodFriend
Hi,

We are currently using JASPER report in our project for reporting purpose but there seems to be some serious performance issue when we load huge amount of data. Basically, the report in projects used for generating audit report. We displays all data for a given month max in the audit report.

With current given performance issue in the JASPER, we would like to move to different reporting tool which should server us better in terms of all parameters(performance,formatting,outputting style etc).

We have been recommended by quite some folks to use BIRT in place of JASPER but I did not get satisfactory answer for question that does BIRT also has similar performance issues as that of JASPER?

We usually have 1000 to 1,000,000 or more records in the data base and would be part directly part of the report.

so, Can some one let me know that does BIRT would resolve the issue? would BIRT be better choice for reporting etc?

Thanks in advance,
Ravi

Re: is BIRT right choice for huge data reporting? [message #1731461 is a reply to message #1731453] Thu, 05 May 2016 14:45 Go to previous message
Jerry Sheets is currently offline Jerry SheetsFriend
We are an Oracle shop and we have not had any performance issues with BIRT that haven't been resolved by tuning the underlying query. I am not familiar with Jasper, but BIRT is simply running a SQL Query and we don't experience any noticeable difference in the performance of the queries when run directly against the DB and when run as part of a BIRT report.
Previous Topic:Borders not displaying in PDF
Next Topic:How do I use Multi Select Parameters in an Expression?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 00:59:11 GMT 2024