Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse 4.5.2 / Pydev - Can't define python/jython interpreters
Eclipse 4.5.2 / Pydev - Can't define python/jython interpreters [message #1730586] Tue, 26 April 2016 22:29 Go to next message
Ben Harper is currently offline Ben HarperFriend
I'm running the mate branch of Ubuntu 16 with eclipse 4.5.2 and pydev.

I can define the default ubuntu /usr/bin/python (python 2.7.11) interpreter fine. However, I have also compiled python 2.4.6 and 2.6.8 into /usr/local/python-x-y-z

Eclipse will not let me add these as interpreters, it complains about missing a share library. I even defined LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/python-2.4.6/lib within the pydev preferences and still it complains. Python 2.4.6 works completely fine from the command line.

I am using the direct paths w/o symlinks.

I also installed the ubuntu package for jython 2.5.3 and it also complains when trying to add this as an interpreter. I've pointed it at both the binary /usr/bin/jython and the jarfile /usr/share/java/jython-2.5.3.jar

See the attached image for the error I get trying to add jython as an interpreter.

Thx for any help

[Updated on: Tue, 26 April 2016 22:30]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Eclipse 4.5.2 / Pydev - Can't define python/jython interpreters [message #1730597 is a reply to message #1730586] Wed, 27 April 2016 04:51 Go to previous message
Russell Bateman is currently offline Russell BatemanFriend

On 04/26/2016 04:29 PM, Ben Harper wrote:
> I'm running the mate branch of Ubuntu 16 with eclipse 4.5.2 and pydev.
>
> I can define the default ubuntu /usr/bin/python (python 2.7.11) interpreter fine. However, I have also compiled python 2.4.6 and 2.6.8 into /usr/local/python-x-y-z
>
> Eclipse will not let me add these as interpreters, it complains about missing a share library. I even defined LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/python-2.4.6/lib within the pydev preferences and still it complains. Python 2.4.6 works completely fine from the command line.
>
> I also installed the ubuntu package for jython 2.5.3 and it also complains when trying to add this as an interpreter. I've pointed it at both the binary /usr/bin/jython and the jarfile /usr/share/java/jython-2.5.3.jar
>
> See the attached image for the error I get trying to add jython as an interpreter.
>
> Thx for any help

Please note other recent PyDev posts to this forum: PyDev is not
supported here. It is third party. Please deal with pydev.org and/or
stackoverflow.com.

Cheers
Previous Topic:Where is it?
Next Topic:Shared Workspace
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 24 18:03:35 GMT 2024