Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » Code formatter profile not used
Code formatter profile not used [message #1730350] Mon, 25 April 2016 08:48 Go to next message
Christian Wolff is currently offline Christian WolffFriend
Hi,

I created a new project setup and used the Oomph preference recorder for recording the creation of a code formatter profile for Java code (Preferences -> Java -> Code Style -> Formatter: "myprofile").

The installation process works flawlessly, the previously created profile is available and selected by default. This is where my problem arises: even though the profile can be seen as selected in the preferences window, the code formatting settings are still the default ones (Eclipse [built-in]). Only after switching the profile (e.g. to Eclipse [built-in]) and switching back to myprofile is it actually used.

Am I making a mistake or is this a bug? I have not yet tested if this applies to other preferences using profiles as well (e.g. Clean Up or Formatter settings for other languages).

I have attached my project setup.

Best regards,
Christian
Re: Code formatter profile not used [message #1730406 is a reply to message #1730350] Mon, 25 April 2016 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Christian,

I'll assume there is perhaps a bug, so please open a bugzilla with this
test case attached, and I'll test it and either report the findings or
fix the problem. In
org.eclipse.oomph.setup.impl.PreferenceTaskImpl.JDTProfileChoicePreferenceHandler.apply(SetupTaskContext)
the code should recognize that the profile is being set and to set all
the individual JDT preferences based on that chosen profile....

On 25.04.2016 15:36, Christian Wolff wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I created a new project setup and used the Oomph preference recorder for recording the creation of a code formatter profile for Java code (Preferences -> Java -> Code Style -> Formatter: "myprofile").
>
> The installation process works flawlessly, the previously created profile is available and selected by default. This is where my problem arises: even though the profile can be seen as selected in the preferences window, the code formatting settings are still the default ones (Eclipse [built-in]). Only after switching the profile (e.g. to Eclipse [built-in]) and switching back to myprofile is it actually used.
>
> Am I making a mistake or is this a bug? I have not yet tested if this applies to other preferences using profiles as well (e.g. Clean Up or Formatter settings for other languages).
>
> I have attached my project setup.
>
> Best regards,
> Christian

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Code formatter profile not used [message #1730468 is a reply to message #1730406] Tue, 26 April 2016 06:05 Go to previous message
Christian Wolff is currently offline Christian WolffFriend
Thanks for your answer! I have opened a bugzilla: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=492417
Previous Topic:Simple mode installer broken with Neon
Next Topic:Prevent Oomph remembering variable values
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 16:13:22 GMT 2024